Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Spread with Feta, Olive oil, garlic and ?

Posted by becky_ca (My Page) on
Sun, Jan 27, 08 at 12:48

We did a little wine tasting yesterday at Lafond Winery - enjoyed the wines, but I really loved a spread they offered, and I don't usually "do" feta. The cheese was very soft, and I know there was olive oil and garlic, and I think spinach in there, but does anybody have a recipe for me? TIA :-)

Becky

Here is a link that might be useful: Lafond Winery

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Spread with Feta, Olive oil, garlic and ?

Becky I make a feta spread using my Spanikopita recipe as a base. No Garlic but you could add it if you wished. Actually I think I will omit the nutmeg and use garlic, maybe roasted garlic, next time. Thanks for the idea.

Spanikopita Spread/Dip

3/4 lb feta
1/2 lb cottage cheese, pressed and drained
1/2 lb cream cheese, softened
5 - 6 oz of frozen spinach , thawed and pressed of all the liquid
1/4 cup good quality extra virgin olive oil
1/4 cup chopped dill
salt
pepper
nutmeg (omit if using garlic)

Combine the three cheeses and process in the food processor until creamy, doesn;t take much. Add olive oil, spinach, and spices and give a qick whir to blend but don't over process (if using garlic add add this point). Add chopped dill and give a very quick whir or blend by hand with a wooden spoon.

o
RE: LOOKING for: Spread with Feta, Olive oil, garlic and ?

Thanks Chase! This'll give me someplace to start. Once I started to dig into recipes a little, I'm wondering if perhaps the cheese wasn't a French Montrachet rather than Feta. It was very soft, and not as "goaty" (for lack of a better term LOL) as most Feta seems to be.

I'm going over to Solvang tomorrow and will have the chance to buy some nice cheeses while I'm there, so will be experimenting over the weekend - thanks again :-)

Becky

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here