Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
caavonldy

LOOKING for: Bake Sale Recipes needed

caavonldy
15 years ago

Does anybody have some easy recipes for a bake sale? My 15yo DGD is in the Key Club at her HS. They are doing a fund raiser and need some recipes that teens can bake. She is a good baker but does not have a lot of spare time. I will be contributing some breads for the sale. Any help will be appreciated. Thank You,

Donna

Comments (12)

• lindac
    15 years ago
    last modified: 9 years ago

Here's one
    Cookie bars, M and M oatmeal
    3 Cups Bisquik
    3 cups rolled oats
    2 cups brown sugar 1 tsp vanilla
    2 eggs
    3/4 cup either baking m&ms or mini choc. chips.
    Mix together bisquik, oats and sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla. Stir in m&ms. Put in greased jelly roll pan and bake at 350 for 15 min.
    That's it. I can make these in under 5 min.

Another
    These are amazingly good and simple to make. They are a nice alternative to brownies.
    Recipe from the Nantucket Open House Cookbook.
    Crust
    1 1/3 cups graham cracker crumbs
    1 tablespoon sugar
    1/2 cup butter, at room temperature
    2 tablespoons all purpose flour
    Topping
    1 1/2 cups packed brown sugar
    1/2 cup chopped pecans
    1/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
    1/2 teaspoon salt
    1/4 teaspoon baking powder
    1 teaspoon vanilla extract
    2 large eggs beaten
    . Preheat oven to 350
    Prepare the crust: Mix the graham cracker crumbs, sugar, butter and flour in
    a mixing bowl until moist and crumbly. Press the mixture firmly and evenly
    in the bottom of a 9 inch square baking pan. Bake until lightly browned,
    about 20 minutes.
    Prepare topping: Stir all the ingredients together until blended. Spread
    the topping over the baked crust and bake for 20 minutes. Let cool
    completely, then cut into 16 squares.

• bcskye
    15 years ago

I made some loaves of beer bread for a fundraiser one time and they sold out. Doubt that it would be good for teens, though. How about some Banana Pineapple Nut Bread? The recipe I have is pretty easy. I would think any fruit nut bread combination would work. Also, if they have access to a bread machine, they could do some easy recipes on the "dough" cycle then shape them and bake in the oven. Brownies are always a good seller, too, and big chocolate chip cookies.

• teresa_nc7
    15 years ago

Here are some family favorites:

Blondies Mothers recipe, oven at 350 for 40-45 min., 9x13 pan grease, flour

2/3c butter
    1 t. baking powder
    2c brown sugar
    1/4t. baking soda
    2 eggs, beaten
    1 t. salt
    1 t. vanilla
    1 c chopped nuts
    2 c flour
    1 6oz pkg. chocolate chips

Melt butter in saucepan, remove from heat, stir in sugar, mixing well. Add eggs and vanilla. Stir dry ingredients together, then add to butter/sugar. Mix in nuts. Turn into greased and floured 9x13 pan. Sprinkle w/ chips. Bake at 350 for 40-45 minutes. Cover and cool in pan. Cut into 24 bars.

Chocolate Chip Pan Cookies 9x13 pan, 375 oven for 12 to 14 minutes

1 c plus 2 TB flour
    1 6oz. pkg. chocolate chips
    1/2t baking soda
    1/2c nuts
    1/2t salt
    1/3c sugar
    1 stick butter, soft
    1/3c brown sugar
    1/2t vanilla
    1 egg

Combine flour, soda, salt. Set aside. Beat butter and sugars until creamy. Add vanilla, then egg. Beat. Stir in dry ingredients, then add chips and nuts. Pour into greased 9x13 pan. Bake at 375 for 12-15 minutes. Cut into 24 squares.

Peanut Butter Swirl Bars

1/2c peanut butter
    1/3c soft butter
    1 cup flour
    1 t baking powder
    3/4c brown sugar
    ¼ t salt
    1/4c sugar
    1 c chocolate chips
    2 eggs
    2 t vanilla

Cream together peanut butter, butter, and sugars. Add eggs and vanilla. Beat well.
    Combine dry ingredients, then blend into creamed mixture. Spread in a greased 9x13 pan. Sprinkle on chips. Bake at 350 for 5 min. Remove from oven and run knife through to marbleize. Return to oven for 20-25 minutes. Cut into 24 bars.

• ginger_st_thomas
    15 years ago

KILLER CUPCAKES (makes 20-22)
    Cupcakes:
    4 squares (4 oz) semisweet chocolate
    1 tsp vanilla
    2 sticks butter
    4 eggs
    1 1/2 cups sugar
    1 cup flour

Preheat oven to 350°. Line standard muffin tins w/paper cupcake liners. In the top part of a double boiler over simmering water, melt the chocolate w/the vanilla & butter. In a large bowl, beat the eggs until thick & add the sugar. Beat in the flour. Fold in the butter-chocolate mixture. Spoon into the prepared tins, filling the cups 2/3 full.

Filling:
    8 oz cream cheese, softened
    1/4 cup sugar
    1 egg, beaten
    Dash of salt
    3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips

Mix the cream cheese, sugar, egg & salt until just blended. Stir in the chocolate chips. Drop a rounded teaspoon of filling onto the top of each cupcake. Bake 30 minutes.~~ San Francisco Encore

MARLEN'S RASPBERRY LOVE MUFFINS

2 cups flour
    2 teaspoons baking powder
    1 heaping cup white chocolate chips
    1 stick softened butter
    3/4 cup sugar
    1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
    1 Tablespoon finely grated orange zest
    1/2 cup milk
    2 cups fresh or unsweetened frozen raspberries

Sift flour with baking powder and mix in the white chocolate chips; set aside.
    With an electric mixer, beat softened butter with sugar until light and fluffy, add vanilla and orange zest. Mix in dry ingredients in two additions, alternating with milk. Fold in raspberries. Do not overmix.
    Spoon into greased muffin tins and bake at 375 degrees F. for 25 to 30 minutes. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from tins.~~

These are REALLY popular:
    MARLEN'S CHUBBY HUBBY COOKIES
    2 cups butter or margarine, softened
    1 cup sugar
    1 cup light brown sugar, firmly packed
    2 large eggs
    2 Tablespoon vanilla extract
    4 cups all-purpose flour
    1 teaspoon baking soda
    Pinch of salt
    1 12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
    1 12 oz pkg peanut butter chips
    1 cup salted peanuts
    2 cups crushed pretzels*

Preheat oven to 350* degrees. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and vanilla. In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt. Blend into creamed mixture. Stir in chocolate and peanut butter chips, peanuts and pretzels. Drop by heaping tablespoons about 2 inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheet. bake 10-13 minutes, or until edges are lightly browned and centers are still soft. Do not overbake. Cool one minute on cookie sheet. Cool completely on wire racks. Store tightly in covered container.
    Source: Bob Zotto, Bruker AXS Cookbook
    Note from Marlen: The pretzels should be about the size of the chocolate chips, not pulverized. You want to taste bits of pretzel as you munch. This is a crunchy cookie. I use a food processor and just pulse until the desired size is achieved.~~

TOFFEE BARS (3 dozen - freezes well)
    2 cups flour
    1 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
    3 sticks butter (don't use margarine for this)
    1 cup pecans, chopped
    One 6 oz pkg semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°. Mix the flour & 1 cup of the brown sugar; cut in 1 stick of the butter until the mixture resembles fine crumbs. Press into the bottom of a 13x9" ungreased baking pan. Sprinkle w/the pecans.
    Bring to a boil the remaining 2 sticks butter & 3/4 cu of brown sugar. Boil exactly 1 minute (after the mixture comes to a boil), stirring constantly. Pour over the pressed mixture & bake exactly 20 minutes. Let sit 1 minute; then sprinkle w/chocolate chips. When completely softened, spread the chocolate with a spatula. Chill thoroughly; return to oom temperature before cutting.~~Georgia on my Menu

• roselin32
    15 years ago

I've made these a number of times for bake sales and they always have gone fast.
    Lemon Bars
    Crust:
    1c melted butter
    2c flour
    1c confectioner's sugar
    Mix and press into a 9x13" pan and bake in preheated 350° oven for 20 minutes or til lightly browned.
    While the crust is baking, beat together:
    4T flour
    4 eggs
    2c sugar
    1 tsp baking powder
    6T lemon juice
    1/2 tsp lemon peel
    Pour over hot crust and bake an additional 35 minutes. Cool and dust with confectioner's sugar. Cut into bars and serve.

RL~

• lisbet
    15 years ago

My favorite bake sale item is a jelly roll. For me it was easy and required very little fussing.

Bake a sponge cake recipe in a sheet cake tin, spread with red currant jelly or Damson jam (or whatever preserve you prefer). Roll it up and dust with confectioners' sugar. No icing, no frosting, no muss or fuss, and it was always the off the table.

When my chrildren were in grade school I usually made this for the Bake Sale table. I had one or two teachers who always tried to get to the sale table early, just to buy my jelly roll before anyone else could.

• caavonldy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you so much. I have printed off all the recipes for Summer to go over. She loves to cook. We adopted our 2 granddaughters when they were babies and it has been a delight to watch them grow into your ladies. Now they are both in Key Club at school and love doing thing to help others.

• bcskye
    15 years ago

Just thought of another item that would be super easy to do for a bake sale, although the girls wouldn't really bake them. Get a bag of the long thick pretzels (maybe 9" long). Melt some different chips for dipping, chocolate, butterscotch, cherry, etc. then dip one end of the pretzel in the melted chips. They could even roll them in colorful sprinkles after dipping in the melted chips, then wrap in a clear wrap. It would make a good treat for moms to buy for their children. Also, in the news letter I got from Kitchen Crafts today, they suggested making some pet treats for bake sales. If you think the girls would be interested in doing these, I'll get the recipes for you. They were fast and easy.

• heyreub
    15 years ago

This is my mothers recipe that she made for the church bake sale. People would buy her cakes before she made them.

Coconut Cake *

Recipe By :Grace Ware
    Serving Size : 8 Preparation Time :1:00
    Categories : Cakes Desserts

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
    -------- ------------ --------------------------------
    CAKE
    1 cup butter
    2 cups sugar
    1 cup milk
    3 cups flour, all-purpose
    4 large egg
    1 1/4 teaspoons baking powder
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    2 teaspoons vanilla extract
    COCONUT FROSTING
    1 can evaporated milk
    2 cups sugar
    1 stick butter
    4 tablespoons cornstarch -- more if needed
    3 packages Coconut -- frozen
    2 large egg whites
    1/8 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon vanilla
    1/8 teaspoon cream of tartar -- or lemon juice

CAKE
    Cream butter and sugar until fluffy. Sift flour. Add flour, milk, and eggs alternately to butter mixture, beginning and ending with flour. Bake in 3 round cake pans at 350 degrees until done.
    FROSTING
    Stir until the sugar is dissolved and bring to a boil the sugar, milk, and butter. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes, until the steam has washed down any crystals which may have formed on the sides of the pan. Uncover and cook to 238/240 degrees. At that temperature the sirup will spin a very thin thread on the end of coarser thread. This final thread will almost disappear, like a self-consuming spider web. Whip until frothy the eggs, cornstarch, and salt. Add 1/2 package of the coconut when frothy. Add the syrup in a thin stream, whipping eggs constantly. When these ingredients are all combined, add the cream of tartar and vanilla.

Spread a little frosting on the layer and add coconut then more frosting so it will go through the cake.

• deedeebaker
    15 years ago

As suggested by bcskye go with the chocolate covered pretzels - they are always a big seller. I found another big seller (not something you bake) is white chocolate covered popcorn. Even those who don't like white chocolate buy this. Put some out for a sample if you can. Good Luck with your bake sale.

• caavonldy
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all for so many great recipes. Summer baked some banana bread, some cookies and did the chocolate covered pretzels(we had done some for our Christmas cookie plates). We haven't heard how much $ they collected yet. We will be keeping all these recipes for future use. There are many bake sales in our future.

• jessyf
    15 years ago

Too late now but in this day of and age of allergy explosion I'd avoid nuts.

Sponsored
VA's Foremost Professional Roofing & Siding Craftsmen