Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
girlblue_gw

LOOKING for: Baked Chicken wings

girlblue
18 years ago

I'm starting a low carb diet and love chicken wings (I'm from Buffalo) but would like to cut at least a little bit of the fat from deep frying. Can anyone share a baked wing recipe?

Thanks!

Comments (11)

• Terri_PacNW
    18 years ago

Here's another recipe that sounded good too.
    Asian Wings

Here is a link that might be useful: Baked Buffalo Wings

• ann_t
    18 years ago

My favourite are

. Just mix the wings with some grated lemon zest, a minced garlic clove, lots of fresh ground black pepper, sea salt and a little olive oil. Spread them out on a cookie sheet and bake at 400°F until done. I usually turn them once. Also, line the cookie sheet with the non stick reynolds wrap for easy clean up.

If you like them spicy, add a little cayenne pepper.

Ann

• woodie
    18 years ago

Ann T's lemon/garlic wings are fantastic! I've made them 3-4 times, the last time was on New Year's eve. They were devoured in no time - and I thought I had made more than enough for the group of 11 of us - but truly, if I had made twice the amount, they still would have finished them off!

• cuffs054
    18 years ago

I do mine on rack in convection oven to drain off as much fat as possible. I coat them heavily with seasoned salt, which drains off and doesn't get to "salty". Then I toss them with Franks Sauce in covered bowl and let them steam for 10 min or so. Love em!!

• mercury12
    18 years ago

my two favourite recipes are"

mix paprika, mustard powder and garlic powder with olive oil and paint on chicken wings and roast them for 20-25 minutes.

mix 3tsp cajun spice, 1sp paprika with 5-6 tsp flour and roll chicken wings in flour mix and bake

Helen

• mimi_n_oz
    18 years ago

I cook mine in the oven on a rack after coating lightly with seasoned flour and spritzing with Pam. They need to be turned once midway. When done I brush em with a homemade honey BBQ sauce. Hubby loves them made this way but I also like to put hot sauce on a couple for me instead of BBQ sauce.

Mimi

• pghsteelerfan
    18 years ago

I always make my wings in the oven, and they turn out great. I start with frozen, separated wing sections. Place in a 425 degree on a greased cookie sheet. Cook for 50-55 minutes or until very crispy and golden colored. Place a mixture of Franks hot sauce and butter over top of the wings and continue cooking for 3-5 minutes, or until done. Serve with celery sticks and blue cheese dressing on the side.

• pat_t
    18 years ago

I'll vouch for Ann's recipe. And last time we made them, we added some dried rosemary. It was excellent!

• annie1992
    18 years ago

I'm another person that loves Ann T's lemon chicken wings.

Lemon, salt, garlic, black pepper. MMMMM. What is there not to love?

Annie

• bonelady
    18 years ago

Coat wings with whole wheat flour that has been mixed with red pepper ( I use a lot). Dip coated wings into soy sauce and bake on a sheet pan covered with foil until crispy.

• lindac
    18 years ago

I roll the wings in chili powder, place on a baking sheet and cook at 425 until beginning to brown ( hard to tell with all that chili powder!) and a lot of the fat has cooked off. Then I drizzle on honey and squeeze some fresh lime on top....or lemon if I don't have a lime, but lime is better....and continue baking for about 10 to 15 minutes more.
    I loooove sweet and hot together!
    Linda C