Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Curried meatballs.....

Posted by lisa_in_germany (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 2, 08 at 12:17

I made this tonight and it was really good. I made it with thin, boneless pork chops because that is what I had thawed out for dinner. I bet it would also be good with chicken.

1 lb. Carrots (peeled and sliced)
1 Onion, diced
1 pkg. whipped cream cheese (small)
1 T curry (I didn't have as much curry so I used what curry I had plus some garam masala
2 T Flour
1 cube vegetable bouillon (or 4 cups veggie broth if you have it)
4 cups water (if not using bouillon)
parsley
salt and pepper
oil

Saute carrots and onions in oil until soft. season with salt, pepper and curry.
Sprinkle flour over mixture in pot and stir well. Add water and bouillon cube. Cook mixture for 20 min.
Turn mixture down to low and add cream cheese and browned meatballs (or other meat of your choice). Cook together a short time.
Add fresh chopped parsley before serving.
I also added a chug of Batida de Coco right at the end. Just enough for the taste.
I served with rice.
Hope you enjoy.
Lisa

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Curried meatballs.....

Lisa, this sounds good - especially with chicken. I had to look up Batida de Coco and I'm still not quite sure what it is - some kind of a cocktail? All I can figure out is that its coconut in some form or another, am I right?

o
RE: RECIPE: Curried meatballs.....

Yes. It is a coconut alcohol. Here is what I could find on it:

Mangaroca Batida de Cco

Brazil is a magic name evoking the image of enchanting, luxuriant shores, exotic fruits, music and dances, colours and tastes. The same colours and tastes you discover in the Mangaroca Batida de Cco, the traditional beverage produced in Europe according to a typical Brazilian recipe, based on milk, coconut and alcohol.The colours of Brazil and the flavour of coconut are the secrets for a great success.
Everyone likes Mangaroca Batida de Cco for its pleasant taste and low alcoholic strength. It is the ideal drink at any time of the day.
If you drink it cold and at your leisure, you may fully appreciate its delicate flavour. Mangaroca Batida de Cco is perfect for the most refined cocktails and long drinks, for instance mixed with orange or pineapple juice.
Mangaroca Batida de Cco has an alcoholic strength of 16% vol.
I guess you could substitute a chug of coconut milk or cream if you have it. That is just what I had here. I actually abhor coconut, but have learned to like this in sauces. Just a touch, though.
At the restaurant where I work, my boss uses a bought hollandaise sauce and fixes it up with curry powder and a shot of this alcohol. It is a wonderful curry sauce that we serve over a chicken breast served with a peach half and a slice of pineapple (warmed)
Lisa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here