Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
LOOKING for: Red Robin's clam chowder

Posted by omac (omacaz@cox.net) on
Mon, Jan 25, 10 at 11:55

I was at the Red Robin resturant last week and had the best clam chowder ever. Does anyone have a T & T recipe you would like to share?

Oma

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Red Robin's clam chowder

Was it red or white?

o

It was white. It was so creamy and had nice size pieces of clams.

o

Darn. I have a favorite Manhattan (red).

I make one like this but this sounds better with the bacon. I'd chose thyme over dill plus 1/4 tsp crushed fennel seed and a clove of garlic. 1/4 c. dry white wine is an option. And never never do I simmer clams for 45 min.! 5 min. in the hot soup is plenty.

Posted by shaun (My Page) on Mon, Jan 11, 10 at 21:16

I tried a new recipe tonight that was originally posted by gardengrl on 2/5/09:

Awesome Clam Chowder

6-7 pieces bacon, cut into small pieces
1 med onion, chopped
2 (5 ounce) cans baby clams, with juice reserved
1 bottle clam juice
5 potatoes, peeled and cubed into 2" chunks
2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of celery soup
1 cup heavy cream
1 cup milk
1 1/2 Tb butter
1 tsp dried dill weed (if you don't have dill weed,
use thyme)
1 tsp pepper
Salt to taste

Add bacon to dutch oven and cook on medium heat until crispy. Add onion and cook until translucent. Add clam juice from both cans of clams plus bottle of clam juice. Add potatoes, bring to a simmer, and cover until potatoes are fork tender (about 15-20 minutes). Stir occasionally so potatoes won't stick.
Add *clams*, soup, cream, milk, dill weed and stir together. Add butter and let melt into the chowder, then add pepper. Simmer for about 30-45 minutes or until thickened. Stir occasionally and add salt to taste.

The only thing I did different was, I added some fresh garlic to this soup. This is really a delicious chowder and very easy to make.

*clams are going to toughen --- add 5 min. before done.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here