Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
RECIPE: Bloomin' Brie Bowl

Posted by colo_lady (My Page) on
Wed, Jan 30, 08 at 11:15

Creamy baked Brie and this spice blend are a robust flavor combination that is sure to please. It makes a spectacular appetizer at any occasion.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Makes 8 servings.

Ingredients:
1 1/2 teaspoons Chili Powder
1/2 teaspoon Ground Mustard
1/2 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/2 teaspoon sugar
1 round sourdough bread (about 1 pound loaf)
1 tablespoon butter, softened
1 wheel (8 ounces) Brie cheese

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Mix spices and sugar; set aside. Place bread on baking sheet. Cut circle in top of bread and remove bread center to make room for the wheel of Brie.
2. Spread butter on bread; sprinkle with 2 teaspoons of the spice mixture. With knife, make 2-inch cuts at 1-inch intervals around edge of bread. Remove rind from Brie and place in bread. Sprinkle Brie with remaining spice mixture. Replace top of bread.
3. Bake 20 to 30 minutes. To serve, remove bread top and break into bite size pieces. Dip bread pieces in hot Brie.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: RECIPE: Bloomin' Brie Bowl

Thanks, Marcia, this sounds terrific. Wish I were having somebody here for Super Bowl instead of just ole Ken and me, it just wouldn't be right for me to eat an entire loaf of bread and a wheel of Brie, now would it.

o

I like chutney with brie but I sure like the bread bowl and brie idea.

Wonder if I could combine the two or would the chutney make the brie too runny....?

Nancy

o

I don't have the faintest idea. Might make the bread too soggy?

o

Oooooohhhhh!

This sounds WONDERFUL! I am putting it on the menu for our weekend Valentine's day celebration (DH is traveling this week).

That will be excellent with a nice glass of wine.

Thanks for sharing the recipe!

Alexa

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here