o
LOOKING for: Tried & True Chicken Francais

Posted by work_in_progress_08 (My Page) on
Fri, Jan 21, 11 at 9:57

Any good recipes?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: LOOKING for: Tried & True Chicken Francais

Try this one, it's from a restaurant I used to work in and it's delicious.

CHICKEN FRANCAISE

4 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breast Halves
1/2 Cup All-purpose Flour

For the Batter:
3 Large Eggs, beaten
2 Tablespoons Lemon Juice
1/4 Cup Finely Chopped Parsley
1/2 Teaspoon Salt
1/8 Cup Dry White Wine
2 Cloves Garlic, finely minced
2 Dashes Hot Pepper Sauce
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
1 Tablespoon Butter

For the Wine Sauce:
1/2 Cup Butter (1 stick)
1/2 Cup Dry White Wine
1/4 Cup Lemon Juice

Lightly pound the Chicken Breasts and dredge in the Flour. Make the Batter by beating the Eggs, Lemon Juice, Salt, Wine, Garlic, Hot Pepper Sauce and Parmesan Cheese. Melt the Butter in the Olive Oil in a heavy bottomed skillet. Dip the Floured Chicken in the Batter until completely coated and place in the heated skillet. Cook until golden brown on each side, about 5 � 7 minutes. Remove from the pan and cover to keep warm. Drain off any remaining fat in the pan and make the Wine Sauce.

Melt the Butter in the pan, stir in the Wine and Lemon Juice, scraping up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. Pour the Sauce over the Chicken Breasts and serve immediately.
Steve

o

I too have been seeking a T&T recipe for Chicken Francaise. Thank you so much for this post, Steve! I can hardly wait to prepare it.

o

This is the one I like to make. The only changes I made to the recipe are - didn't use quite as much olive oil and I doubled the sauce recipe. We love it!

Here is a link that might be useful: Tyler Florence's chicken francese

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Recipe Exchange Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here