Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
pahomebuyer_gw

Listing Expired -- No Word From Realtor

pahomebuyer
14 years ago

Hi-

The contract with our realtor to sell our house expired at the end of November. We had taken our house off the market a few weeks before the end of the contract, and that was the last contact we had with the realtor.

She never called when the contract was up to see if we wanted to relist with her at some point in the future, or to talk thru possible reasons why our house may not have sold.

We liked her and are considering using her again, but we are wondering if her lack of communication might be a subtle (or not so subtle) signal she doesn't want to work with us anymore.

FYI -- nothing horrible happened when we were working with her that would make her not want to work with us.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!

Comments (3)

• calliope
    14 years ago

The fact you took the listing off the market just weeks before contract expiration. Calling at listing termination would have been a moot point.

I don't know the circumstances of why you took the house off the market, but if there were no extenuating circumstances, I'd suspect if you just called her and asked whey she thought it wasn't selling, she'd probably tell you.

Perhaps you are reading more into it than what is there. Perhaps she just assumed you weren't wanting to sell at that time, and felt like to contact further would be badgering you. If you liked her, call her and tell her you're thinking of putting it back on the market and let her feed to you what she thinks would make it move. Whether you re-list with her then is up to how you feel about her answer. The best way to get something from the horse's mouth is just to ask the horse. If she doesn't want your listing, then you should be able to pick up on that easily enough.

• jamist649
    14 years ago

If she's took your house off MLS, pulled up her sign, etc. I'd say the listing was over BEFORE your contract actually expired for all intents and purposes. She probably thinks that YOU don't want contact with her.

If you did, in fact, like her-call her when you're ready to list. However, if the house was priced right, clean, well-kept, etc. It may be time for some fresh prospective.

Either way...your call.

Good luck!

• rowen_realtor
    14 years ago

Boy, it pays to ask! One of my first (not only) miss-steps was with a young couple who listed their townhouse. They "didn't want to be greedy" but listed far above market pricing. Communication seemed good .. they were also "looking". We eventually spoke about putting the home on the market as a rental and when the listing was about to expire I emailed .. "here you go, here are some listings to look at, etc." assuming that they'd change to a rental listing and move forward. They did move forward ... they assumed I didn't want to work with them and bought with another agent. In many ways it was an exercise in frustration that could have been cured with a different communication model! Their biggest motivation may have been the baby they had six months later.