Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Finally sold our house!

Posted by joyce_6333 (My Page) on
Thu, Dec 23, 10 at 12:06

It's been on the market for almost 2 years, and we'd had only 1 showing exactly a year ago. Well, those same people who looked at it last December came back to look at the house again this week, and gave us a full price offer..which we accepted, of course!! Our new house will be done May 1, so the timing couldn't have been more perfect! Whew!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Finally sold our house!

WOW, what a great Christmas present...Hard to believe the same "lookers" from a year ago came back and offered full price...Congrats..

o

Whoop-ee! When do you close?

o

The "lookers" must have learned that your place had the least negatives and the fairest price.
One year of looking is not bad,, I'm at year 4...too fussy, too tight...

o

The offer to purchase states we will close by February 1. They agree to let us rent back until we move into the new house. Yes, absolutely the best Christmas present. We are very lucky, but they are getting a great house!

o

Joyce, is it fair for me to assume your price had been reduced from when your buyers first saw it a year ago?

o

"Joyce, is it fair for me to assume your price had been reduced from when your buyers first saw it a year ago?"

Good question.

o

WOW...I'd really love to get that for my Christmas gift!
Congrats...and I hope everything goes through for you and you can move into your new home soon.

(keeping fingers crossed for the rest of you--and me-- who have your house on the market!)

o

Yes, we did reduce our price about a year ago. DH and I didn't agree with the original asking price which I thought too high. I think it sold at a fair price, and we are able to put a nice chunk of change in our pocket. Very good way to start the new year.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here