Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how do i get on the mls fsbo?

Posted by both (aboth@sbcglobal.net) on
Wed, Nov 4, 09 at 18:04

I am trying to sell my home but can not afford a realator. So I have put it on craigslistchicago and plan on putting a sign in front of the house with the price. My price without a realator is great for Chicago but with a realator fees attached 285,000 it is not going to sell fast in this market. This is going to sound crazy but I only have four weeks to try and go under contract or I will have to rent it. Anyway what is the best way to get on the MLS without a realator? Any suggestions would be great!!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how do i get on the mls fsbo?

The MLS was created and is owned by Realtors. You need to be a Realtor to list your home. There are Realtors who will list your home on MLS for a flat fee. You might try googling "flat fee MLS" + your city name to find one.

P.S. There is no such word as realator

o

Type these words into google.com:

chicago flat fee real estate agent

o

Remember, the people looking that the MLS are almost all working with agents of their own. Even if you aren't going to hire an agent yourself, almost all of your potential buyers are going to expect that you pay THEIR agent. If you had time to sit and wait for an offer from someone without an agent, that might be OK for you. If you need to sell in a hurry though, chances are it will cost you 2.5-3% plus the flat fee listing.

o

I am going to list my home with an on-line broker. The one I have chosen supplies signs, lock box, a brochure (I pay the paper and printing costs) as well as MLS, Realtor.com, craigslist, Zillow, etc. The cost is under $1,000 and I will also state on the MLS site and others that I will pay 3% to a buyer's agent.

The broker I am using is in Washington state and that is where I live. Google "online real estate broker" or "FSBO online broker". You should get quite a few sites from which you can choose.

In addition to that, I will have a website with lots of photos and info that will be referenced in my brochures and on all the sites that I post. This will be about $100. I figure my total costs, before paying a buyer's agent, will be about $1,000.

Sure beats the $12 to 13,000 I'd have to pay the listing agent.

Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here