Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
estrella18

Wanted to share my very unique home for sale!

estrella18
10 years ago

Hope this is allowed. I've been on the building a home forum for a little while, but we are finally listing our current home and I wanted to share it with you guys... do you know anyone that wants a completely remodeled water view cottage in the Pacific Northwest?!

Here is a link that might be useful: water view cottage in PNW

Comments (23)

• oregpsnow
    10 years ago

My goodness that is a great house! I love it. Cute and in beautiful shape. I am sure someone will snatch it up quickly.

• estrella18
    Original Author
    10 years ago

thank you @oregpsnow!! I am so nervous that it wont sell. Biting all of my nails off in this process. :D

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

It's fabulous!!! Love the house (love it so much I'm sending the video link to my son), and my husband commented on how creative the video is - kudos to your realtor! I don't know how long you've lived there or how much work you've done but it's all so well done, shows perfectly and will probably be gone in a flash.

• estrella18
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@dlm2000 - thank you SO much!! We've done the whole house top to bottom. Basically gutted it, keeping only the architectural details that were special (beams/plaster walls/wood floors, etc.) We finished the basement, including 2 beds + 1 bathroom down there and a bedroom + bath above the garage. All new electrical, plumbing, heating, insulation and windows. Oh and the main thing was a small 2 story addition to double the size of kitchen and master bath.

It's been a labor of love to say the least...it was really ugly when we bought it, haha! I hope someone enjoys it :)

Thank you for your kind words!

• littlebug5
    10 years ago

Yes, I agree that this is a very nice video of your house. But if you scroll down to the bottom of the postings page, THS states that it has a very strict no-advertising policy.

Good luck on your sale.

• oregpsnow
    10 years ago

Certainly there is a no advertising policy here but this forum is a bit different than most of the others and people post links to their houses all the time. The house was just listed today and I think the OP was really looking for some positive feedback and reassurance that the house was cool - which it is. I, for one, really enjoyed seeing it. Sorry I can't afford it. But someone who can will snatch it up very soon.

• estrella18
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Sorry I wasn't trying to advertise, like I said, I've been over on other garden web forums (buying a home and kitchen reno) and was just excited to share it here and get feedback! We have barely shared any of our renovation process, because it was constantly a work in progress, so I'm just a little overly excited that it's done and listed.
    We just had our first showing and now I'm nervous!

sorry @littlebug. If this needs to be deleted, that's fine. I can post pics of it, right?

• estrella18
    Original Author
    10 years ago

my original post was a bit tongue in cheek, I don't really think I will get a buyer from garden web, just proud to show it off!

• Gooster
    10 years ago

Estella you did a fantastic job on the reno. The new owners would be quite lucky to grab such a charming place in such a great neighborhood. Is the 2750 square feet inclusive of the basement and garage? I love all the wood work and your use of color throughout. Best wishes for multiple offers.

• estrella18
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@gooster - yes it includes the garage apartment, rough numbers = main floor 1050, basement 950, upstairs 600 and garage apt 150-200 or so. Not including unfinished storage spaces.

thank you for your comments, the realtor suggested adding more pops of color, so we've been buying lots of fresh flowers and trying to use blankets to brighten it up during this dreary season. :)

• DLM2000-GW
    10 years ago

Anyone who posts a link to their listing looking for feedback probably has a tiny little flame of hope that maybe - just maybe - a buyer will come out of it, no matter how remote the possibility. But no one I've seen is using it as a means to seriously market their house - they are either wondering what's wrong with the listing and looking for help or excited about it and sharing here with people who understand the process.

estrella I think your house shows perfectly - not too neutral (ie boring), and not too colorful (ie ow my eyes my eyes!! It's the kind of house that will elicit a strong visceral response and someone will walk through the door and feel, I'm home.

• xamsx
    10 years ago

Cute house that shows teeny-tiny in this video.

Honestly? I got bored during your video. I turned the sound off after 20 seconds. I had hoped for a "guided tour" of what I was looking at, and if that happened after the first 20 seconds, I had already turned the sound off and didn't get it. Which meant you also lost me if you listed square footage, price, garage, what view I was looking at, and any other extremely important details.

• estrella18
    Original Author
    10 years ago

@xamsx - the listing shows all the photos. this is just a bonus.

• estrella18
    Original Author
    10 years ago

fwiw @xamsx it's a 4 bed 4 bath house w/ 2750 SF with a panoramic view of the puget sound. It's pretty special even in this area with lots of view homes.

• christopherh
    10 years ago

I'm glad you posted it. I love looking at the different architectures throughout the country. It's so much different than the styles of homes here in Vermont where we have homes and barns dating to the 1700s and 1800s.

Beautiful house.

• sas95
    10 years ago

That is a beautiful home. Thanks for sharing it here.

• nancylouise5me
    10 years ago

Very nice video and home. Great views! The only negative to me are the bedroom shots. The first BR looks very small with that large bed in it. It looks like there is very little room between that and the fireplace. The bunk bed room also seems very small. That would be a problem for me. I like being able to walk around in the rooms. But other then that, great house. NancyLouise

• peegee
    10 years ago

I really enjoyed admiring your very charming home! I am curious about one thing, though. In my area of the northeast, basement footage is not counted, even when finished, but is also not taxed. In your area, are taxes accessed for basements? Good luck selling your home

(edited to say, best wishes in selling your lovely home! My good luck comment sorta sounded disingenuos, LOL!)

This post was edited by peegee on Sun, Nov 10, 13 at 15:39

• beachlily z9a
    10 years ago

I'd be very interested if I wanted to trade Florida's sun for overcast. It's a lovely home that will thrill the buyer!!

• Zoe52
    10 years ago

Beautiful home with a gorgeous view. I thought the video was very well done to make it seem like a home. Good luck selling!

• Mmmbeeer
    10 years ago

I love when people share their home photos here--those are the first posts I look at. Great job, you should be proud!

• Acadiafun
    10 years ago

You had me at the waterview through the bedroom window. Beautiful!

• kellienoelle
    10 years ago

Wow! I'll buy your house! I'll buy two of your house in case the first one wears out.

So, obviously I love it and wish I lived in your area and could increase my price range so I could live there. You did a great job with the remodel. Good luck with selling!