Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Agents

Posted by frozenelves8 (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 27, 12 at 14:44

I am going to be looking for a new agent. How do you find out how many houses an agent has sold before you talk to them. I'd like to find someone who has sold a lot here.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Agents

In our local MLS, any member can do a query on any date range of closings by agent. I'd just call up one of your local offices and ask them to print you a report. Specify your search and sort criteria (i.e., narrow down to your city, decide the date range you want, specify listing side) and you've got what you need to start hunting.

o
RE: Agents

Look at how many houses they have actually sold, (and ask whether all sales from the office are listed under the lead agent, which may not be your agent). But also look at things like percentage of list price to tax assessment, and percentage of list price to sales price. If the listings are a lower percentage of tax assessment than others, then the agent may be leaving money on the table (maybe because the sellers wanted speed over cash?). Or if the agent/seller is generally accepting 75% of the list price, that's good to know, too. Also look at some of the old photos/descriptions of the agent's old listings to see if you like them. (That's a fixable weakness.)

I've been going to open houses for over a year now, and there are a few agents who are really out there pushing it for their sellers. We see their names and their ads and their people all over. That's an excellent sign.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here