Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jeri

What did this house sell for?

jeri
15 years ago

18 Via Monte, 91320

We tried for months to buy this house "Short" with no success. Then, it went back to the bank at auction for $773 in July. When it hit the MLS as an REO in mid August, we made an offer for $775 but were told there were several offers on the house  some for over the asking price of $829. We walked.

Since that time, we have been watching the Sunday paper to see what it really did go for. We have never seen this house listed. We know that people are living in the house, so we think it did sell. How can I find out what it went for???

Comments (8)

• janjan212
    15 years ago

Zillow.com says recently sold for 773,050. Not sue of the accuracy.

• marzhere
    15 years ago

Redfin has it the same

Here is a link that might be useful: RedFin

• jeri
    Original Author
    15 years ago

$773,050 was the Auction price that the bank took it back for in July.

It came on the market as an REO on 08/20/08 for $829 and we made an offer that day for $775. We were told the next day that it had several offers - some for over the asking price.

Does anyone find it odd that I can't find the sale price? What do you suppose that means?

• calliope
    15 years ago

Perhaps it's because it's still bank-owned and didn't sell. Go to the auditor's office and ask to see their information on the house. It's public domain.

• jeri
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Calliope  there are people living in the house  not the original family either.

Go to the auditor's office and ask to see their information on the house. It's public domain.

Would you mind explaining this to me? I will try to Google it too. What is an auditorÂs office and how does it work? Would I find this office at the county court house???

Jeri

• calliope
    15 years ago

Some counties have all their real estate data online. You may want to go to your county auditor's website (they'll have one) and see if real estate data is there. If it's not, yes, usually your courthouse will have their office. You just walk in, and ask to see the info on that address/parcel. They'll give it to you, I'm sure unless that differs significantly from state to state. This is part of what mortgage companies, and attorneys do when they are doing title searches. You can actually search your own title if you know what you are doing.

• lyfia
    15 years ago

You would go to whichever office handles property taxes or property titles in your state/county. In TX the sale price is not disclosed to the goverment so you can't find that info in TX, but by the zip it appears you're not in TX so doesn't matter. All you can find in TX is what is on any liens on the property.

• sue36
    15 years ago

Where I live the tax assessor can give you what every piece of property sold for in town. Some of its' online, but going to the source is more accurate and up to date. They would also know who the existing owner is. You can also check the registry of deeds. In my state the registry of deeds does not have sales price, but they do have lots of other useful info (liens, mortgages, easements, etc.). That information is all online here.