o
0% Rates Needed for Market Recovery: Strategist

Posted by dave_donhoff (dwdonhoff@hotmail.com) on
Sat, Oct 18, 08 at 18:48

http://www.cnbc.com/id/27236152
0% Rates Needed for Market Recovery: Strategist

Read Thread

<_SNIP>
U.S., European and Japanese interest rates need to be slashed to practically zero if there's any chance of a market recovery, Roger Nightingale, strategist at Pointon York, told CNBC Friday.

"I'm not talking about 50 basis points we really have to take rates down to effectively zero," Nightingale said, pointing out that U.S. rates "got down to one percent in the last recession and that wasn't a bad one."
<_/SNIP>

Global Credit Black-Tar Heroin, anyone?

Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: 0% Rates Needed for Market Recovery: Strategist

I'm hoping! I just paid off a 7.5% 30-yr with a variable rate now at 4.2%. I'm hoping that rate only goes down. This whole business makes me nervous but I couldn't ignore the lower rate.
I hope I didn't make a mistake,

Jane

o

Hi Jane,
If you have the constitution to weather the emotional-coaster of the volatile markets... I think that financially you just made an excellent move!

Rates are going to be depressed quite a bit, for quite a while... but that's "ON AVERAGE." In the moment there may be great drama.

Have an awesome weekend!
Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner

o

Hey Dave. I've never been a gambling gal, but I couldn't resist. We plan to put the house up for sale in Spring and wanted to refinance to do repairs. That's when I found the interest on variable so low. Decided to pay off the mortage with the line-of-credit we never used. I watch the interest rate each day, at the first sign of trouble, I'll lock it in.

Jane

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here