Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
dlm2000

Listing photos

DLM2000-GW
9 years ago

Got our *listing* photos and am really pleased with them. Too bad no one will ever see them unless this deal falls apart - throwing salt over my shoulder, knocking on wood, ptu, ptu, ptu!!! They don't show every room but as I've read here that's standard and part of the point? Leave them something to discover, I guess. Hopefully this is as far as they'll ever need to go and I won't be asking how they should be improved.

edit to add - just saw a mistake on the floor plan! for some reason it says wine instead of stove - odd.

Here is a link that might be useful: Photos

This post was edited by dlm2000 on Wed, Oct 1, 14 at 15:24

Comments (17)

• jewelisfabulous
    9 years ago

I can see why your home sold so fast! Beautiful! (Even without the wine refrigerator!)

• hollynla
    9 years ago

Your house is stunning!

• SaltiDawg
    9 years ago

Nice home. Shows well - both inside and out!

• ncrealestateguy
    9 years ago

Looks nice! I hope this one is smooth sailing for you.

• Mmmbeeer
    9 years ago

It's rare to see pictures where the home is staged VERY well with just the right decorative touches while still removing extraneous clutter--really great job! Good luck on your deal.

• chispa
    9 years ago

The photographer did a nice job. I hate photos were you can see that the perspective is off and it is hard to judge the size of a room. Your photos are accurate representations of the space, which is great.

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thanks everyone - this has been an interesting journey with listing, kind of one foot in and one foot out.
    chispa I would love to know what the lens was - it's a wider than normal angle but as you noticed the distortion is no where near what you usually see with curved crown and baseboards. Photographer was a true pro.
    Mmmbeeer what you can't see is how I was pulling things out of the camera view at the direction of the photographer - she was very picky!
    ncreguy - you and me both! I couldn't take another close but not quite situation.
    Thanks salti and holly- we've loved this house for 24 years - it's tough to leave.
    Jewel - maybe we could have gotten more if we had the wine refrig! Let's see, cook food or have chilled wine... tough call!

• dreamgarden
    9 years ago

It is a beautiful house. No wonder it sold so quickly. It doesn't look like it needs a thing done to it. Nice furnishings too.

Best of luck with the closing.

May you have as many happy memories in the place you are moving to, as you have had here.

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you dreamgarden - want to buy any of those furnishings? I'm trying to sell most of it! Beginning to panic here - I need a clone and a foreman to keep this process going :-/

• jewelisfabulous
    9 years ago

Post them on Craigslist or your local Buy, Sell, Trade site (Facebook). You'll get rid of anything you don't want very quickly!

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    9 years ago

LOL Jewel!!! I just did that today - used listing photos and others to post things on Craigslist. Every time I turn around there's more - where the heck did it all come from??

• Christy Bell
    9 years ago

Very beautiful and staged perfectly.

• lynndale
    9 years ago

We are putting our home on the market within the next year. I have a question for a realtor (or anyone who wants to chime in). When you enter our house,you enter a foyer and the living room is on the right, dining on the left. Both are carpeted with a very light beige carpet.The foyer and one edge of the dining room that leads to a hallway is parquet wood and off the dining room through a doorway, there is a hall that is carpeted in the same carpet as the living/dining. Off the hall are 3 bedrooms, a bathroom , and a laundry room. You cannot see the bedrooms from the dining room. One of the rooms was converted to a home office and has a laminate wood floor. The other two bedrooms are carpeted with the beige carpet, the laundry room and bathroom are tiled in a color very close to the carpet. Here is my quandary. One of the bedrooms has been occupied by a teenager and the carpet is dirty and not salvageable. Should I replace the carpet with one as close to the carpet in the hall as possible, or replace it with laminate similar to the one in the other bedroom., or in a darker color like the parquet? The laminated bedroom is pretty far from the dirty carpet one, so you would not see them side by side . I have to do something, as cannot show it as is. Which option do you think would be best?

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    9 years ago

You buried your question in a post that's no longer active so I doubt anyone will see it. (I looked because it was my post) Why don't you start a new thread and make the title something about 'replace with carpet or laminate?' so people know what kind of help you are looking for. You'll get more help that way.

• tibbrix
    9 years ago

dim, I LOVE the exterior colors you had on your house, and the little nook with the twin bed in it.

• Pieonear
    9 years ago

What a beautiful home and furnishings. The photographer did an excellent job of focusing on what is important.

• DLM2000-GW
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Thank you mammie - I think she did an excellent job, as well. Tib, thank you, too - and just an FYI, the siding is vinyl, not painted shake. Everybody who looks at the house leaves scratching their heads saying 'I never knew...'