and rants on,lol

Here is a link that might be useful: Nice guy,lol

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Hedge fund up nearly 900% in 1 year,calls it quits

Oh.... My.... Lahde...!!!!!

That was BRILLIANT!!! Thanks QDog!!!

This is just a small piece of it;
I will no longer manage money for other people or institutions. I have enough of my own wealth to manage. Some people, who think they have arrived at a reasonable estimate of my net worth, might be surprised that I would call it quits with such a small war chest. That is fine; I am content with my rewards. Moreover, I will let others try to amass nine, ten or eleven figure net worths. Meanwhile, their lives suck. Appointments back to back, booked solid for the next three months, they look forward to their two week vacation in January during which they will likely be glued to their Blackberries or other such devices. What is the point? They will all be forgotten in fifty years anyway. Steve Balmer, Steven Cohen, and Larry Ellison will all be forgotten. I do not understand the legacy thing. Nearly everyone will be forgotten. Give up on leaving your mark. Throw the Blackberry away and enjoy life.

What a SMART man!!!!!!!!! (Been there dun that; managed other peoples money (i.e. emotions,) don't ever want to do that again...)

What a REFRESHING piece, as short as it was...

*AND*... after hitting his financial "grand slam"... as he said, he is covered relative to what he needs (and what the quality of his life is actually worth to him, versus trading it away in the pursuit of ego.)

JEEZ.... how can we HIRE this guy?
(Oh yeah... guess I need to re-read his piece again... LOL!)

Cheers,
Dave Donhoff
Leverage Planner

o
RE: Hedge fund up nearly 900% in 1 year,calls it quits

I guess he didn't want to watch his profits go "Up in smoke" ;)

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here