Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
goldensmom_gw

Is My Thinking Right?

goldensmom
14 years ago

Hi would like some advise/opinions to my situation. Am going to put my house on the market soon and have put 35,000+ into it which I am sure I will not get back. These upgrades included: new roof (including new insulation, plywood & skylights), new water main (copper piping insulated in pvc surround by sand), new water heater, new garage door, new oak front door with oval window, recently painted inside and out (along with the decks both front & back). Cut back of all trees which are many, beautiful landscaping, has great curb appeal. Now the drawbacks...inside ... bathrooms are nice, clean but need updating (have that 70's look), kitchen the same (although did repaint cabinets and replaced backsplash. Appliances work but don't match. Carpet has some wrinkles which I have called at least 25 companies/people to stretch but nobody wants to do it. Says its easier to replace which I find absurd since the carpet itself is fine. Houses in this area go anywhere from 350 to 600. Wonderful neighborhood, great schools, etc. My pricing will be way below market for this area just so I can sell and relocate. I believe who buys it will be getting a great bargin versus I will lose money but hopefully make a quick sale. Good plan or not?

Comments (3)