Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cup Half Full or...

Posted by triciae (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 8, 08 at 12:06

half empty. There's something to be read either way in this report. Whatever. Here's the August Pending Sales report.

/tricia

Here is a link that might be useful: August Pending Sales

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cup Half Full or...

Mine's not even half empty; there are just a few drops left. I'd love to greet that report with rejoicing, but as we're dealing with a dead local market it's hard to get excited. We're in the south, where, as the report mentioned, pending resales did not rise.

Buyers' agents keep telling our agent that our former home is wonderful, looks like new, shows well, and is a bargain. Several told him they would be presenting an offer shortly, only to have their people get cold feet. Those potential buyers have not bought anything else, either. Some folks could not get financing. We're now prepared for a net loss of $200K. Yes, that's very painful, but we had no choice.

Maybe the cup will be half full for someone else - hope so.

o

NBC evening news tonight had a story about people tripping over themselves to buy foreclosure homes in Florida. Homes that 1 yr ago would have sold for $250,000 are now going for $55000 - $85000. One fellow commented that he's been outbid on 14 homes so far, but he has faith he'll find one.

I think the cup is still 1/2 empty - but the next direction change will be toward the full side and it'll be slow in coming.

o

I saw that piece with Charlie Gibson, Ft. Myers no doubt. Did you catch the couple laughing like hell over the six-sided bathroom (Grover Bros Construction)? I'm thinking of buying another one just to lower my cost basis in Florida!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here