Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Russell Simmons-still for sale

Posted by qdwag (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 29, 09 at 12:02

Ms. Fabulosity, Kimora Lee Simmons, has reduced the price of her 35,000-square-foot home in Saddle River, NJ, to $16.5 million.

The 10-bedroom, 11-bathroom spread on 4 acres was listed for $23 million last year before it was taken off the market. It later returned at $19.8 million before the latest reduction, says broker Stephanie Rosken of Prominent Properties Sothebys International Realty.

The Baby Phat fashion designer, ex-reality TV star and former wife of music mogul Russell Simmons recently shipped most of the furniture in the New Jersey home to a new manse in Beverly Hills. We hear that if she sells in Saddle River, she plans to buy a Manhattan residence. She is the mother of three children, including her new son, Kenzo Lee, fathered by actor/model Djimon Hounsou.

SADDLE DOWN: Kimora Lee Simmons (inset) hopes to find a buyer at $16.5M.
The Saddle River house is on a gated estate that includes four koi ponds with waterfalls. It boasts a movie theater, a gym (with a steam room), indoor and outdoor pools and a pool house. Theres also a 2,000-square-foot master suite (bigger than many apartments) and three kitchens one for the staff, one for everyday use and one for catered events.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
Link

here is a link to listing..Anybody interested?

Here is a link that might be useful: Simmons link

o
RE: Russell Simmons-still for sale

This is the house she did the MTV Cribs episode in. I believe the dinner service shown in the dining room pic belonged to the late Gianni Versace.

o

Do we care?

o

Do we care?

I'm sure I would if I just knew who Kimora Lee Simmons is?
Oh well...

o

Kimora Lee Simmons is owner/part owner of the clothing brand Baby Phat. She had a show on one of the cable channels called Fabulous IIRC.

Back when I sold my house there was another post about her, her ex Russell Simmons & Russell's brother, all of which were selling their houses IIRC.

Do we care? IDK, nice to know they are having to adjust the pricing on their houses too.

o

That's quite the monstrosity.

I'll pass.

o

I love big showy houses!

Though I'd say the exterior on this one is particularly unimaginative.

Indeed, I have recurrent dreams about massive homes. In one, my home is a wing of a high-end shopping mall. This way, mrs worthy has only to roll out of bed to break the bank, instead of all that schlepping two miles up the road.

In another, I suddenly remember a mansion I started but lost track of a year ago. Probably relates to the clients who ran out of money for a few months, so everything came to a halt!

Love the gym, indoor pool and the theatre.

And now I know why the Phat clothes my daughter wears cost so bloody much! (I'm a Target kind of guy.)

Take a look (and here) at the highest price spec home in our neck of the woods: 30,000 s.f., asking C$23 million. If it doesn't sell, the builder will retain it as his own home.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here