Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
sellergeller3

First time seller

sellergeller3
11 years ago

Hello!

we listed our house 3 weeks ago... So far we have had 5 viewings. One wanted the house but failed in qualifying. The other 4, which were represented by agents other than my SA all stated they were "not at all" interested in the feedback form. However, they also all stated the price was "just right".

Currently, all appliances are included. Is there any advice you all can give to help the home sell faster?

The only home priced lower than ours are foreclosed or 20+ years older. We are moving due to family needs so want to sell quickly.

http://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/2073-Central-Pkwy_Florissant_MO_63031_M75907-74393?source=web

Comments (8)

• live_wire_oak
    11 years ago

If you want a quick sale, then lower the price. It's always price.

• Adella Bedella
    11 years ago

I don't know about pricing in your area. Can't help you there. The listing doesn't show the age of the house. Your house is cute and looks well maintained. Has your competition done more updating?

Was that carpet in one of the bathrooms? If yes, that would bother me.

Do you have any unpleasant odors in the house that would turn someone off?

In your area, is it common for the laundry area to be in the unfinished portion of the basement? At first glance, I think it would be cold and gloomy to do laundry down there. People in your area may be used to that arrangement. We don't have basements here.

How is the traffic? Looks like you might be in a sort of busy area. That would be a turnoff for many.

• sellergeller3
    Original Author
    11 years ago

20 years on the house... the only houses i can find in the area with near same SQ footage are either foreclosures (10-20k cheaper) or 45-65 years old with less updates.

No odors.. the carpet in the bathroom is that way because its how the house was built.. so i kept it that way when i put in new carpet last month... Traffic is moderate from 3-5.. otherwise light.

The basement wash room is common. I agree with you as i do the laundry :-P haha but it is normal

I can lower the price some as i honestly will be happy to break even since we need to move. But i worry to be the same price as the foreclosure houses.
    I started 10k lower than the realtors estimate.

• Linda
    11 years ago

The house looks clean and well maintained but seems to lack warmth. The rooms look very cold and uninviting. Not much on your walls, no color anywhere except a bathroom, it looks very bland. House buying is very emotional, especially for first time home buyers which I will assume is your target market for this home.

Perhaps talking to a stager or someone who can help with decorating to warm it up can help.

• graywings123
    11 years ago

Photo 16 - what is that wooden thing? And the open bag in the front of the photo, is it there for a reason? I would think about removing some of the photos that don't add anything and rearrange them to show the important things first.

You show three photos of a small lake, but don't mention it in the writeup.

• brickeyee
    11 years ago

"20 years on the house... the only houses i can find in the area with near same SQ footage are either foreclosures (10-20k cheaper) or 45-65 years old with less updates. "

So what?

If you want a faster sale lower the price.

Those are the houses you are competing with.
    It is (sometimes regretfully) how markets work.

• terezosa / terriks
    11 years ago

Clickable link to the property below

Here is a link that might be useful: Clickable link

• sheilajoyce_gw
    11 years ago

The house looks good. I would put the pictures away to depersonalize the rooms. Can you make the deck itself look better? It looks all dried out. Would fresh stain or some kind of wood dressing be a good idea?