Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
home inspection

Posted by jack707 (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 12, 13 at 8:06

I might buy this house in the country .In 09 they had their own inspection so I wanted my own so yesterday he went thru the house and I cant understand how far the house fell. The BIGGEST PROBLEM is bats and thousand of flys in the attic! along with ther pee and crap most of the outlets not wired right ,the plumbing needs to be fixed and with new windows and no heat run in the master bedroom! and a host of other stuff. I'm glad I had it done! so tell me if this is fair we agreed on 115,000 but after I saw all the things that needed to be done I dropped it to 100,000 and 15k in escrow now I have a feeling the seller is gonna drag their feet on this now and waste more time getting a 3rd party involved the reason I'm saying this is because here in Wis. the real estate lady has to play it both ways for me and also the seller and I also get the feeling she wanted a quick sale but I didn't want to take the report word for it a lot can happened in 5 years.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: home inspection

I just emailed her and told her it had to many ISSUES!.

o

on to new houses to bad she wont get her 3% before Christmas!.

o

The house is a nightmare! everything need fixing the electric, ac/heat and plumbing (LEAKS) and also the attic of bat crap and pee( BIO HAZZARD) it would be better for him to level the house and just sell the 20 acres.

o

Sounds like a bunch of minor things that come up on every home inspection. You don't say what plumbing issues there are, but I'll bet nothing major. The biggest issue is no heat in the master. The other issues you mention are minor. So far, nothing sounds like a $15k fix.

o

Remediating the bat guano in the attic can take thousands of dollars ... because you have to also find and seal where they are entering. And often the chemicals in the guano damages the structure so you rebuild parts of it.

Add to that the bad wiring and the plumbing problems ... it's a walk-away house.

The $15,000 in escrow would barely cover the risk and it could be much worse.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here