Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My Very First Purchase For My New House!

Posted by thegolfguy (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 25, 08 at 1:14

Well, I just made my first purchase today for my new home and I'm really really excited about it! Even though it's not finished yet, I like to plan ahead. I consider it an upgrade for the garage.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My Very First Purchase For My New House!

Sorry, I thought I clicked on "Building a Home" not "Buying and Selling"!

Cheers!

o

If this is for real, I think it's in terrible taste - this is not the time to be flaunting that kind of purchase when so many people are losing their homes, jobs and futures.

o

Pretty car!

If you can afford it, keep buying. The economy needs you.

o

Lucy,you really need to RELAX....Not sure if this post is even true,but if it is,so what..If he can afford such a luxury,good for him...

o

I agree! Buy two. Enjoy the car...it's a beauty!

/tricia

o

Hee-hee. Very funny. (If it were *his*, do you think you would be seeing it photographed at the dealer?)

o

Now that would pretty up ANY garage!

My dream car is the Bentley Continental GT Speed - hey, convertibles mess up my hair, LOL - the first time I saw a GT "in the flesh", I almost swooned. I haven't fallen in love with a car's looks like that since I saw my first E-type Jaguar!

I still have fond memories of the original Harrah's Auto Museum with its 5000+ car collection. What an incredible "time travel" trip from early 'horseless carriages' and steam-powered cars; through a stunning 1929 Isotta Fraschini coupe and 1930 Bugatti Type 41 Royale; shiny Duesenbergs with their V-16 engines....ah, there was nothing like it before, and now with the collection broken up and sold, nothing like it ever again.

Bill Harrah, I'm sure, would have LOVED the Bentley Continental models!

o

He's just goofing on you, Lucy.

o

Check the man's post on the "Building" forum. Although he claims he is not 'flashy' and 'a car is just a car'...well, he did need to tell us all about this one! Yes, he says he bought it.

o

Heck, as long as he can afford it, why not? I was talking to my ex-boss, now one of the regional Senior Execs (used to be called Office Managing Partners when I was there), and he told me he was so dissatisfied with the service he was getting since US Trust was taken over by BofA, he had pulled $500K out from his portfolio (fortunately before the market took a dive) and it was now just sitting in his savings account. LOL! He's a car addict, too, and also drives every exotic auto you can think of in a local car club. But personally he's faithful to his 9-yr old Porsche 911, which he bought for his 40th birthday and has loved ever since.

His wife, a more sensible woman who has to drive the kids around to and from school, prefers the Acura MDX. OTOH, I was pleasantly surprised that they didn't succumb to the McMansion craze, and are still living in the same modest three bedroom house they were twenty years ago.

If I was in TGG's place, I'd definitely prefer buying the Bentley to a Porsche. At the very least, it carries four people a lot more comfortably, hehehe.

o

Hello Again jkom51,

FIrst, I checked out your website and love the statue using the computer. You have done some really nice work in the garden.

They had some GT speeds available but were almost the same price as the GTC. They also mentioned to me that they are coming out with a GTC Speed version sometime next year. The main difference with the Speed was a larger engine with 50 more hp and larger wheels but for me having the top off took priority.

o

"If this is for real, I think it's in terrible taste - this is not the time to be flaunting that kind of purchase when so many people are losing their homes, jobs and futures."

I don't think it is terrible taste at all... if it's true.
How he spends his money is his business....

o

Peculiar to post this on a house forum. It belongs on 'Cars' forum...if anywhere.

o

chisue - I think it is fine to post here, although I've not really seen posts from the poster on here before it appears he meant to post in another area where he frequents. We've seen plenty of off topic posts around all the forums here before. One more won't kill us.

Lucy - try to relax some, if nobody is buying stuff then the economy will really tank, so I love to see when people spend right now even though we're not in a position to really do that ourselves right now.

OP - Nice car and I hope you get to enjoy it before it gets too cold in your area for having the top down.

o

jkom51: "My dream car is the Bentley Continental GT Speed"

I second that motion. If I was among the very wealthy, I would have many cars..ala Seinfeld and Leno...with the Bentley being at the top of the list of favorites.

Enjoy the car TheGolfGuy....for all of us Bentley owner wannabes. :-D

o

Thanks Logic & Lyfia,

It's funny! I was just reading through some posts and came across one at the bottom titled "What are you buying? Homes, Cars etc.."

I found it interesting that "Chisue" was making some remarks above after I clearly posted a message saying I was sorry for posting by accident in this topic.

I also found it very funny that "Chisue" also posted many times in the "What are you buying? Homes, Cars etc." but never once made a comment to anyone on that post about anything they purchased or it should not be posted here.

So I find that "Peculiar" to use your own words "Chisue".

Hee-hee

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here