sorry wrong forum

This post was edited by carrie9142 on Sun, Sep 1, 13 at 17:33

Comments (3)

• weedyacres
    10 years ago

movin' on down...

• lafdr
    10 years ago

When we bought our house, we closed the day we had planned. No major hitches. Roof repair could not be done before closing. But title company held a check (seller had agreed to pay) made out to the roofer (?800$) that was paid when the minor repairs were completed.

There was a slight scramble the final hours when it was discovered that the property tax had been paid in full already, but the numbers were calculated for only a half year payment. As it is, our payment will change when they do the escrow analysis It was easier to keep it at the old number than change everything. It maybe effects our payments 50$ and we should have a good credit at the analysis.

The lender did require a letter to explain 1)Why we were moving within the same town. 2) Why I had opened a Lowes and Target card in the past year (to get the 5% off on all purchases). But we knew early on and got it done.

My friend bought a house a few months ago and it was delayed about a month. The bank giving the money got nervous the husband was going back to school and was cutting back on work......which somehow was disclosed sometime into the purchase process. It was especially ridiculous since they had just sold the prior home and were coming in with a large down payment.

• lafdr
    10 years ago

When we bought our house, we closed the day we had planned. No major hitches. Roof repair could not be done before closing. But title company held a check (seller had agreed to pay) made out to the roofer (?800$) that was paid when the minor repairs were completed.

There was a slight scramble the final hours when it was discovered that the property tax had been paid in full already, but the numbers were calculated for only a half year payment. As it is, our payment will change when they do the escrow analysis It was easier to keep it at the old number than change everything. It maybe effects our payments 50$ and we should have a good credit at the analysis.

The lender did require a letter to explain 1)Why we were moving within the same town. 2) Why I had opened a Lowes and Target card in the past year (to get the 5% off on all purchases). But we knew early on and got it done.

My friend bought a house a few months ago and it was delayed about a month. The bank giving the money got nervous the husband was going back to school and was cutting back on work......which somehow was disclosed sometime into the purchase process. It was especially ridiculous since they had just sold the prior home and were coming in with a large down payment.