Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
melle_sacto_gw

Seeing home we passed over go back on the market

Yesterday I saw a for sale sign posted in the yard of a home that we had looked at 13 years ago, a home we passed up.

Interestingly, that home has ALL the features our kids would like right now: stairs, swimming pool, large space that could be for playing or rec room. It was a lot bigger than the place we bought.

I don't regret not buying it -- we didn't have kids at the time, weren't thinking about having kids, the pool was (maybe still IS) ugly, it took up nearly the entire backyard, on the corner of two busy streets...other reasons as well.

But it was kind of a weird moment to see the house, remember it (I remember it pretty well because no other house we looked at was so big or had a pool), and think about how it might have been.

Some of the things that I thought were so awful, now I know could have been easily changed. We were clueless first time home buyers, and although I don't wish we had bought the big house w/the pool, I don't think what we ended up with was the best choice, either.

I hope that the house has pics on MLS, I'm curious what -- if anything -- may have been changed. In our area remodels are generally minor cosmetic things, homes are very modest, priced below average, lacking many cute features (recession-era 70s tract). I might even be a Looky-Loo and go to an open house if they have one!

Comments (2)