Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (16)

• Adella Bedella
    11 years ago

Are you kidding? Think of all the treasures you'd get with this house. Lol! I think you could probably have that cleaned up to something presentable in less than two hours. Wonder why they did't.

• johnboy70_99
    11 years ago

LOL - I saw it this morning and thought the same thing - they could have least spent maybe 5 minutes and picked up the saw blades....

• DLM2000-GW
    11 years ago

ummmm..... just showed that to my DH and he said, "Looks like our basement!" Sort of - we certainly have that much stuff but it isn't all over the floor like that. We can't figure out how to handle that when we go to list our house. DH is in the home remodeling/repair business and the stuff in our basement is his business and how we live - no basement inventory or tools = no income - and I'm rather partial to my 3 meals a day!!

• jakkom
    11 years ago

Darn, dilm2000 beat me to it. I took one look and thought, "Hey, how did my husband's basement workshop get photographed?" LOL!!

If I had a RE agent who thought photos like that were worth using in a listing, I'd fire them. Odd angles, terrible continuity...and where's the kitchen? Do they seriously think a photo of a wood panel will sell the house?

• EngineerChic
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Dlm2000 - I think everyone has a shed or basement or something like that. But ... It isn't something you highlight in a real estate listing!

That's what struck me as funny, not that a room like this is in the house but it was one of the first 10 pics in the listing. That RE agent needs a reality check (wouldn't anyone rather see a floor plan instead of a cluttered basement?)

• jonw9
    11 years ago

I find it interesting how many "odd" pictures show up in listings. Like a picture of the well head, but no bedroom(s).

• Circus Peanut
    11 years ago

I like the one of their deck even better -- looks like the doggie gulag back there:
    {{!gwi}}

• clemrick
    11 years ago

I don't think it would scare off anyone who would use it. It might even be the best way to show how much stuff you can get into it. I have a problem with the other pictures. No full rooms and lovely close-ups of wood swirls and dog under-parts!

• ncrealestateguy
    11 years ago

Jonw9, i rarely take pics of the secondary bedrooms... 4 walls, a window or two, and some carpet do not make a real exciting photo. Of course, Masters are a different thing.

• EngineerChic
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Now, if the dogs convey with the property then it might be worth keeping them in the pic. They are pretty cute :)

• barbcollins
    11 years ago

"Dlm2000 - I think everyone has a shed or basement or something like that."

Thank you, that makes em feel a lot better :)

DH is also self employed so the garage looks like that (maybe worse). Lots of time he has to bring home water heaters, vanities until it time to take a trip to the dump/scrap yard.

That's my worst nightmare about selling our current home.

But I have no intention of trying to sell it that way, and would NEVER let my realtor post a picture like that.

• jonw9
    11 years ago

I understand ncrealestate guy, but you could come up with something better than this. I understand they are trying to show a new well has been drilled (I can only assume) but there are other useful things that could be shown.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• lazy_gardens
    11 years ago

They didn't even turn on all the lights in that basement.

Tidied up and well lit it would be a feature of the house.

• turtleshope
    11 years ago

It's not the actual listing, which does have a photo of the kitchen and more & different photos of the house. It is a feature on the Boston Globe. Which makes it odder that they included that view of the basement.
    Link to the actual listing is below the BG pictures.

• johnboy70_99
    11 years ago

OK - just stumbled upon another one. Guess hooking up the trailer and towing out of the driveway was too much work...

Here is a link that might be useful: Listing

• C Marlin
    11 years ago

Well that last one looks like a flip went sour, but that third shot of the front door has strange columns that look chopped in half with tiny lights where the columns belong. Looks disjointed.