Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ladybanksrose

Home inspection & appraisal

ladybanksrose
12 years ago

We have a contract on our home which should close in mid October. Meanwhile we have a contract on a home we plan to purchase. The realtor says getting both houses to close on the same day is not a problem. Lender says same thing. Problem is the people who are buying our house are getting a VA loan. The house we are selling can not close until the VA does an appraisal and an inspection. We have waited over three weeks for the appraisal to be done. Our realtor says nothing can be done to hurry up the process, we are at the mercy of the inspector. Is it true that a realtor is legally prohibited from contacting an appraiser to ask when the work will be done? Realtor keeps saying he don't want to push or make her mad or we might get a low appraisal. They can assign whatever value they want and they can't be questioned. That kind of shocked me. I don't want to pay for the inspection until I know that the appraisal meets the selling price. Both the house we are selling and the house we are buying hinge on this appraisal. I am getting more apprenhensive as time ticks on. Any suggestions? Words of wisdom?

Comments (4)