Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
flat fee if realtor finds FSBO

Posted by Ral_D (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 9:20

Has anyone written a contract where a realtor gets a flat fee for finding land that ends in closing a deal? Often, sellers don't want to work with (share profits with) an agent when they first put out that FSBO sign and agents would not make these properties known to potential buyers.

If I (as a buyer) was willing to contract with a realtor for a flat fee for any land (FSBO or not) brought to my attention that ended with a sale, I would have access to more of the market.

Has anyone had success with this approach or suggestions for contract wording? I understand that I would have to find a realtor that would accept such a contract. I am thinking the flat fee would be half-way between 3% of the lowest amount I hope to pay for desired land and 3% of the most I am willing to pay for land.

Ralph

This post was edited by Ral_D on Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 9:26

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: flat fee if realtor finds FSBO

In my area, its not unusual for land listings to offer compensation of 5%. Typically, in my area, mobile homes and land have "customary" commission rates of 10%. Why not just make it 3% of the selling price. If you offer something enticing enough, an agent will go the extra mile, knowing they will be compensated. Of course it really depends on the price range you are talking about.

This post was edited by linda117 on Tue, Sep 17, 13 at 14:14

o
RE: flat fee if realtor finds FSBO

I've got no personal experience, but I think that's a great idea, and how the system should work: buyers paying for the services of an agent that's hunting for property for them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here