Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Something nice for realtor

Posted by mojomom (My Page) on
Sat, Sep 17, 11 at 0:21

We're more than just looking, but have lots of time in which to make a decision which may or may not involve immediately putting our current home on the market. If we buy a lot, we'll probable wait for several years to sell and build. On the other hand, we've seen several existing homes that have potential to work for usbthst we have on our wasptchlist. But so gar there isnnothing that says this is the house for us. I expect we'll do something in the next year. Realtor sold an investment condo for us a couple of years ago, and we've made offers but missed, barely, on two this summer. So she knows were serious buyers but are taking a good time to explore. She's not wasting her time in the long run and we try to limit our requests and she has been extremely honest in advising that in this market there is no reason to rush.

At any rate she does spend a good deal of time showing us prooerties when we are In town and emailing us items of interest. No doubt we'll stck with her and she'll see the finical payoff on both a buy and sale eventually but it's taking a while. (we have already told her that is she is busy with live clients to ignore us until she has free time). Now part of the reason she is sticking with us is friendship and the other is that she knows we're loyal to her and, in time, there will be a payoff. I'm the meantime, I feel like were wasting her time, so were thinking of doing something nice for her. What do you suggest? Gift certificate to a very nice restaurant we know she enjoys? Something else?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Something nice for realtor

The gift card to a restaurant is nice, if you know she enjoys that restaurant.

o

I loved getting a gift certificate to the movies. Mine was large enough that I could get 4 tickets.
I also got a Day at the Spa as a gift. That was wonderful. I used it for a massage.These were both gifts from my third grade students, but I am sure a realtor would love it as well.

o

Boy, to me the commission would be more than enough.

o

Mojo,
I wish more people were as considerate as you seem to be. Most people would never even consider someone elses time being valuable. I have a client from Michigan, that is kind of in the same situation as you. They also have let me know that they care about my time... and in doing so, they just got my 110% devotion to finding them the perfect place. It is hard to be 110% committed to someone if they do not reciprocate the same. Your words and actions are sufficient; a gift of appreciation is wonderful.

o

Sheila, they haven't purchased anything yet so there is no commission and may not be. However, everyone likes to feel appreciated.

Mojo, I recently rec'd a gift card to Macy's from a client who felt I was being very patient answering her questions and bringing her back several times to look at one particular home. She was no where near wearing on my nerves and wasnt asking for as much as she felt she was, but it sure was nice to feel that someone appreciated the extra time being spent on them. Sometimes too many people feel like Sheila.

Alot of people dont realize, that not every buyer produces a sale. There is ALOT of wasted time, gas and expense on buyers that never buy. Im sure it will make your realtors day that you recognized her efforts with whatever token of appreciation you give her.

o

Thanks to everyone! Spa day a great suggestion, too.

o

People can always use a gasoline gift card!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here