Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
how to find FHA mortgage brokers ?

Posted by ani_t (My Page) on
Sun, Aug 7, 11 at 22:11

I went to the bank that holds my original load and got a quote (not locked in yet)
There could be a big discrepancy between what is my listed value in the property records of the county and the actual market value. In any-case I need an appraisal.

If I am really close to 90% of LTV as my county records suggest its probably better for me to get an FHA loan. only I an not sure how to.
How do I find these FHA brokers ? Will they need an appraisal or can they lock in my rate and then get an appraisal ? don't know how it works. Can I get an appraisal by myself and use it to get quotes with different banks ? I need to do this asap too... thanks

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: how to find FHA mortgage brokers ?

"There could be a big discrepancy between what is my listed value in the property records of the county and the actual market value."

Appraisals for real estate taxes rarely match actual values very well or for very long.

Just start calling mortgage brokers and ask them if they have any lenders that do FHA.

The brokers do not actually make loans, they find you a lender who makes the loan.

o

Do not get your own appraisal. The lender that you eventually go with will require one of thier own.
You can not lock a rate in until you formally apply for a loan, and agree to the $400 application fee.
FHA loans onloy require 3.5% doen payment , but there are certain criteria to meet. Most lenders can handle an FHA product.

o

"Most lenders can handle an FHA product."

Some hate the extra hassle of FHA.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here