Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Tenant history question: does negative report show up on CR if...

Posted by improvent363 (My Page) on
Fri, Aug 5, 11 at 21:56

1. Does it show up in your tenant history if you are living in a house whose mortage is over 60 days due but its not under your name but your parents name? Meaning, Will my rental application will be rejected because of that, even though the house is not under my name and the mortage loan is not under my loan?

2. If someone do a address history search *in one of those background check websites) and see the bad history on the house their, will that effect me getting a house for rent and just because I live in that current address that is owned by my parents?

Note: I did check my credit report and nothing negative is shown.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Tenant history question: does negative report show up on CR i

no. And no.

o

@badgergrrl
what makes you so sure? (I ask because I want to be comfortable with a better explaination of your answer :))

o

Your credit is yours alone. Credit reports are not based on an address. If that were the case a landlord with an 100 unit apartment building would have the power to ruin everyones credit who lived in that building by not paying his mortgage. ONLY YOUR history of your bill paying is on your credit.

o

I am a landlord and review credit reports, others are correct your report is tied to you on your social, DOB AND your address only for verification purposes, but not on other people's loans at that address.

You will have no problem.

o

improvent, you need to learn a little more about how credit reports and credit scoring work. I suggest spending time on the forums at either myfico.com or creditboards.com; both places are filled with people who are very knowledgeable and helpful, as well as many folks like you who just don't know. If you ever want to buy a house or a car and don't plan on paying full cash, I would recommend educating yourself about credit and credit reports.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here