Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
decorcrzy_gw

lot line question

decorcrzy
11 years ago

Several years ago when our neighbor installed an irrigation system for his lawn they installed the control box over the lot line and encroaching into our yard.(We built our house after they installed) We notified them of this years ago and told them this would probably become an issue if either of us decides to sell, the response we got was "oh, we didn't know, we'll move it" and nothing was ever done. Guess who is for sale, the neighbor. They have an accepted offer and this weekend a survey was done, because the stakes have been placed on the lot lines.

We have e-mailed their realtor regarding that this control box should be removed from our yard. Her response was "thank you for the heads up, I will bring it up with the sellers". I am sure if they did not care years ago, they certainly don't care now.

It is bad enough that they sprinkle 15 feet into my yard every night in the summer, but to have part of it installed in my yard is enough.

I feel with this survey done I have a window of opportunity to have them take this out of my yard. I have tried to look up any regulations on installations of irrigation systems, but cannot find any.

My question is what is the best way to handle this situation? Has anyone ever delt with anything like this? I hate to have to issue a lein on the property.

Comments (5)