Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
gmp3_gw

Heart attack

gmp3
12 years ago

I dropped a friendly email to our lender this morning to make sure all was on track for our Friday closing. Guess what the computer systems have been down since Thursday and he couldn't even get on his email to contact me!

This does not look good.

We are closing on our current home Friday morning and have to be out of our house Saturday at midnight. I am not sure what we will do with all our stuff. We have lots of stuff. The new house is about 3 miles away. We planned to move all the boxes and smaller items as well as a few family antiques on Friday night and let the movers take large furniture items.

Comments (6)

• stinky-gardener
    12 years ago

It will all work out, gmp3. Please don't have a heart attack! Trust that this apparent glitch happened for a reason. I bet something will actually work out on your behalf that otherwise wouldn't have happened. Let us know how the move goes, & congratulations on your new home!

• gmp3
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I am hoping the seller will let us rent the home for a few days until we close. It will cost thousands to have the movers take and store everything. Luckily the house is unoccupied.

• LoveInTheHouse
    12 years ago

Doesn't surprise me the banks messed up again. I'm sorry you're going through this. One time it happened to me but we were moving across country and we had lots of animals enroute! The house we were moving to was unoccupied. Thank god. The seller was kind enough to let us move in before the closing. And they didn't charge me anything either. I think they were just happy that they sold that thing. Not to scare you but it turned out it took our bank, let's just say that the name starts with a W, two additional weeks to be ready to close! Even though I had been on top of them the entire time because that was my big fear, that it'd be delayed. They kept lying to me and telling me they'd be ready, rescheduling the closing, then asking me for documents I already gave them (I keep good records) etc. Basically someone didn't do his job and what stress it caused! BUT keep in mind that the worst part is over! You sold your house and you're almost there!

• gmp3
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hey Loveinthehouse,

I think our last refinance was with "W" bank what a nightmare, this one is as bad. They keep asking for all kinds of stuff that we have already sent.

• cearbhaill (zone 6b Eastern Kentucky)
    12 years ago

"I dropped a friendly email to our lender this morning to make sure all was on track for our Friday closing. Guess what the computer systems have been down since Thursday and he couldn't even get on his email to contact me!"

Do neither of you own telephones?

The week/s prior to closings have to be the most stressful days of my life. If picking up a telephone and checking in with someone will alleviate some of that stress, then do it.
    Don't worry about being a bother- be proactive in keeping track of what is going on. It's way too easy for a bank or other institution to say "oops" and happily move on in their day while their mistake causes you and your family untold stress, money, and complicates what is already a gargantuan task.

I'd be calling them every morning at 9am and every afternoon at 3pm until I had a firm answer. Sometimes delays do happen- one of my closings was on again/off again all day on closing day until they called us at 4:30pm asking if we could get there by 5pm. Meanwhile my life was on a truck barreling towards another state and if things had gone south I don't know what I would have done.

I totally sympathize with you over the stress of all the uncertainty. My buying/selling/moving experience took years off my life I am sure- sometimes I am still amazed we pulled it off.

Hang in there and know it is worth it.

• gmp3
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Cearbhall, yes we both have phones, but he couldn't access my file to let me know and I thought everything was proceeding smoothly. I did hound them like crazy yesterday and they claim they are creating docs today. I'll believe it when I see it. I was on the phone or emailing the loan processor and his supervisor non stop yesterday.