Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
jonw9_gw

Spot the Listing Typo (I hope!)

jonw9
10 years ago

I received this listing in my inbox this weekend. A rather strange choice of wards in the description of the property. Perhaps somebody with a medical background can easily spot the error.

Comments (30)

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

Snicker ;-)
    I don't even understand all sports rush lake. I suppose that people in the area know what that means?

• hayden2
    10 years ago

Many years ago, a Fortune 500 published their annual report, including a letter from their "certified pubic accountant". Oops.

• jonw9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Rush Lake is the name of the body of water, all-sports is jet skies, tubing, skiing, etc. (as opposed to no wake, electric motor, or motorless lakes).

Looks like the agent has been texting too much.

• violetwest
    10 years ago

maybe the lister had obstetrics on the mind, lol!

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Ouch!
    No wonder the schools get awards for their wining.

• TheRedHouse
    10 years ago

They've put that dock where now?

• violetwest
    10 years ago

I can't even figure out what that word is supposed to be!

• sylviatexas1
    10 years ago

eeuw...

I recently read about a home with a coy pond...

• morz8 - Washington Coast
    10 years ago

That not a good spelling error.

Normally I never, ever correct someones spelling, but on the gardening side one poster once was asking about a perennial plant and came up with that same spelling. I did correct her :)

• nini804
    10 years ago

Wouldn't want a plant (or a dock!) there!!

• jonw9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

I figured it was a floating dock. It 'taint in the water, but isn't quite out of the water either...

• acheavacci
    10 years ago

I am assuming spell check didn't pick that up because it's an actual word. :) I always tell my children not to rely on spell check, Use a dictionary.

OP, did you mean words or wards? ;)

• jonw9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oops, it looks like I went to an award wining school as well...

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

I've seen a listing touting carrion countertops. Ewww!

• violetwest
    10 years ago

I see what you did there, Jonw9!

are we wining and dining? or winning? or whining/whinging?

• Circus Peanut
    10 years ago

lol jonw9!

• stolenidentity
    10 years ago

"A rather strange choice of wards" was the first "error" I noted as acheavacc did that a typo exists outside the listing. I did not bother to look at the listing.

• riosamba
    10 years ago

Those who are anal about OP's spelling will miss a truly spectacular typo;-)

(Sassafras, if you read the listing, you'll understand why I had to say that).

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

@rio
    I guess I'm still missing that (i.e. the second typo in the OP's post).
    Or maybe it's time to stop whinging and whining and start the wining.

• terezosa / terriks
    10 years ago

I also noticed that there are doorwalls leading to the deck, and I wonder what pinckney schools are. And as a buyer I would assume that there is some sort of sewer system, but I'd like to know for sure.

OP - you should probably edit the post and fix your typo. ;-)

• cocontom
    10 years ago

Pinckney is the town.

• greg_2010
    10 years ago

For those that can't read the small print in the picture, the misspelled word is perennial which they spelled perineal.

And in case you still don't understand the humour, that's a part of the anatomy. Google it if you want to find out which part, but you might want to turn off the image search.

• thisishishouse
    10 years ago

C'mon now, who wouldn't want to come home to a little perineal docking? ;)

• riosamba
    10 years ago

@nosoccermom I meant that if Sassafras skipped looking at the listing because of the OP's typo, s/he'd miss out on the perineal dock:-)

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

@rio, I see. I thought I missed an even better typo.

• jonw9
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Nah, if I edit the initial post, then a bunch of the responses won't make sense, so I will leave it there. Although the error sasafras spotted wasn't quite in the listing.

Doorwalls are lakefront speak for sliding doors. I don't see it as much with standard listings. I did not realize that was a Michigan thing.

I found this:
    "A door wall is a sliding-glass door or patio door. The term is yet another example of banal Michigan vernacular, where in the residents latch on to company names, trademark names, marketing terms and product names from local companies. The terms become embedded in the local vocabulary and eventually become accepted as actual valid words and phrases. In this case the term comes from Wallside Windows in Taylor, MI (a large window manufacturer), where 'door wall' is their created word for sliding-glass door."

• nosoccermom
    10 years ago

Wow, interesting about the door walls. Kind of makes sense.

• scarlett2001
    10 years ago

RE flyers are almost always in need of editing. Every pool is "sparkling" and capital letters are sprinkled everywhere, no sense intended.

I like "Hugh" dens, "rot" iron railings, "fagstone" fireplaces, a "cozzy dinning" room with "jealousy" windows and of course, everyone wants to live on a "sexcluded cul-de-sack".

Then there's the hyperbole, AKA real estate B.S. Every yard that has at least one half dead bush is described as a "Zen garden", "Poet's Garden", Lush, tropical garden", etc. I'm looking at a flyer right now that says it has a "country-fresh" bathroom. What does that mean, cow poop?

Old windows are now "vintage" and old appliances are "original to the house". Yeah, 1965.

• sylviatexas1
    10 years ago

just saw a horse ranch listing with showing instructions advising the agent to "turn off all lights, lock the doors, latch gate so hores can't get out."

• chibimimi
    10 years ago

Sylvia, are you sure it was a horse ranch? Are you sure it wasn't a best little chicken ranch? Of course, that would mean a misspelling of a different word!