Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
leahrwh

Reasonable fee for my realtor when buying FSBO?

LeahRWH
11 years ago

A couple months ago, an investor bought a HUD house I was interested in. I offered to buy it from him, and we tried to work out a deal, but he had some issues with closing the place, so I kind of gave up on it. After giving up on that place, I found a nice buyer's agent to help me look around. She's taken me through three houses in the past few weeks (I have fairly odd criteria, so three houses isn't as few as it sounds like), and she's been helpful with my questions.

Now the investor has contacted me again, with the house properly closed and available for sale, and I'd like to go ahead and buy it for the same price we agreed on previously ($156,500). Trouble is, there were no agents involved then. Technically there still isn't - I found the house on my own, negotiated on my own, etc., before she was even in the picture. But my realtor has been very nice, and I'd hate for her to have worked for me the past couple weeks for nothing. Plus, I would really like to have her help with the paperwork, closing process, etc. What would be a fair fee to offer her to help buy this property?

Comments (5)