Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
shadygrove_gw

foreclosure information sites?

shadygrove
11 years ago

I'm sorry if this has been asked before ad nauseum--searching the site didn't help me.

I believe that my neighbors' house is going / has gone into foreclosure. The husband told me that the family was moving a few months ago, but that his father-in-law was probably going to move in. I haven't seen any life next door and I believe the family has essentially abandoned the property. Someone from an organization called Pineland Preservation was in the yard last month, figuring out a bid on mowing. She told me that Pineland is a company that services foreclosures--hired by the mortgage company to keep the yard up.

Research into the title of the house has shown me that the couple, who bought twelve years ago, kept afloat by borrowing increasing sums of money every couple of years, paying off the previous mortgage with the subsequent loan. This ended about four years, when money got harder to borrow...now they would appear to be in debt for about twice what the house is currently worth.

What is the best way to find out whether the house is in foreclosure or not? All signs point to yes, but of course, this doesn't even mean that the bank will be interested in selling at this time.

My interest is that this is my next-door neighbor and I'm considering defensive action against my own house values plummeting due to this abandoned property, which every day becomes sadder looking. May wish to buy the property myself. But I need info!

Do I just have to wait until its listed in "RealtyTrac" or some such? What are your favorite sources of info for this type of thing?

Thank you for listening to my all-too-common tale of woe.

Comments (7)