Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
stealthecrumbs

Live on the market, sleepless nights and canine anxiety

stealthecrumbs
9 years ago

Hey y'all.

Continuing the story... so you guys know we didn't get Peggy's garden house but ended up making an offer on an even better house. We are smitten and thrilled. Under contract. Set to close Oct 6.

Our house went live on mls three days after going under contract on the Hillside garden house (let's give it a name...) Our great listing agent held off viewings and set them all this weekend- two days of back to back to back. 11 scheduled so far. Some are double booked. It is a blitz. We were trying to get out the door this morning when the 8:30 people arrived VERY early.

We have three high strung dogs so we packed them up and went to a friend's house. They are so out of sorts. And their mommy (me) hasn't slept in days- the stress of it all!

Hoping our house sells this weekend because frankly I don't know how anyone can do this with three dogs. I also hope I never have to sell a house again. What a stomach churning, high anxiety experience.

Belle

Comments (6)

• ryseryse_2004
    9 years ago

We are right there with you! We have two yellow labs that act like they get no attention at all when anyone comes to see the house. Boomer has skin problems and often doesn't smell so nice and Sadie is just plain obnoxious. We have to juggle them from room to room to get them out of the way and it is a real hassle.

Yes, I guess it is poor training but they only act like this around strangers!!!!! They are friendly to a fault.

• lucillle
    9 years ago

It sounds like a lot of stress. I hope your home sells this weekend.
    If not, do you know of a high quality boarding facility that might take the dogs only during the day?

• tomatofreak
    9 years ago

You are living my future nightmare. Count 6 dogs and a gaggle of cats and multiply your angst accordingly. Honestly, the reason we've never put the house on the market is just that. One dog is a pit built like a tank, but rushes up to perfect strangers to spread the love. They don't know that. Two small dogs are like jumping jacks (one is part JR), and one is bald (alopecia x) and wears a coat. Talk about distracting! We've gotten to the point where we're discussing boarding, but who knows how long that might take and I'm sure that would be a morgage-size bill!

Let us know how things progress and if you do decide to board.

• stealthecrumbs
    Original Author
    9 years ago

Well... I am embarrassed to say so far so good--- we packed up the dogs and went to stay with a friend for the day on Saturday because our agent had back to back viewings schedule all day. We are very, very fortunate that we received (and accepted) a good cash offer Saturday night. So we are now under contract. I do have to put them all in their car crates and disappear for inspection but if that goes well, we should be headed to the closing table. But it was high stress- one is 15 and has some senior dementia and gets so anxious and the other two are just high energy. They never got comfortable at our friend's house even with us there. There is no way I would have been able to manage them by myself for showings during the week while hubby works. I am hoping and praying this contract keeps moving forward.... Good luck to us all!

• lascatx
    9 years ago

Congrats, and kudos to your agent for the marketing blitz. Sounds like a great way to minimize your inconvenience and maximize the get 'em while their hot aspect. No way anyone who wanted the house was going to wait and look around some more when they see a couple leaving as they arrive, someone arriving as they leave and then another showing when they drive by later to see the house and check out the neighborhood. I know we made a quick and strong offer when we had another couple show up, with a contractor, while we were looking at the house a second time with our contractor. Snooze, you lose!

Good luck with the inspections and the move!

• Houseofsticks
    9 years ago

Congrats! We didn't do a contingency due to our dog. So glad it worked out for you!