Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
elle481

Crazy thing(s) encountered when you were on the market!

elle481
14 years ago

OK! So let's have some comic relief on this board. Selling a home is very stressfull with the daily cleaning, straightening up, making sure the toilet seats are down and the roll is filled (I can't belive how many little rolls of TP we are now using up now that we are under contract!!), the inconvenient appointments, etc. What crazy, unusual, funny, emabarrasing,(and so on, you get the picture!) have you encountered when your house was/is on the market?

I have a ton and will be posting them, but the one my husband and I still talk about is when we sold our first home 25 years ago. After being on the market for a few weeks with not much activity all of a sudden our adorable tiny starter home (the lowest priced on MLS for our town) became the "it" house to see and we had five appointments in one evening. My DH arrived home early from work because he came down with the flu. He was really under the weather and after not much activity before this, there was just no way we would cancel them. I built a roaring fire (to keep him warm), had the scent of apple pie in the air and told my DH to sit on the couch, grab a book and look happy! As soon as the crowds left, he spent the night under the covers and fortunately was back on his feet the next day.

The house sold shortly after at right near full price!!!! and he has never stopped teasing me about his "wonderful" evening!! ;)

(Back in the day, most owners did not leave the house during showing.)

Comments (4)