Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Selling our house! Finally!

Posted by AnitaLadyRose (My Page) on
Fri, Jul 25, 14 at 19:03

We are finally listing our home this weekend! We have been planning to build our next home and selling this one is part of the plan. We have done our best to stage it. We have spent many hours packing items, cleaning, touching up paint, etc. Hopefully it will all pay off and it will sell quickly.

Now comes the part where we have to keep it pristine every day until it sells...

Keeping my fingers crossed!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Selling our house! Finally!

AnitaLadyRose, I feel your pain on keeping it pristine. My just listed, too, and I just keep wondering how people with kids do this. Mine are grown and gone and I'm still struggling to keep things off counters and out of the way.

Good luck - I hope you have some good news to share soon!

o

I'm finding it is certainly easier to keep the house clean than starting from scratch! We don't have children living with us so it is much easier than if we did. I now vacuum and dust every week instead of twice a month and pick up and clean the bathrooms and kitchen daily.

Since we are selling through Craig's List and on Zillow, we are getting people who call and want to see it within the hour. (We are in the middle of nowhere so people come driving past and then realize it is easier to call from their cell than to go all the way back home to call and make an appt.)

This is fine with us ---- we will show it with little notice to anyone who wants to see it. Because we are so far from any town, our property/acreage is especially difficult to market. We are having much more interest since we took it from the Realtor. (She didn't like to work on weekends!)

o

Here is an easy tip for your bathroom clutter. Get each person a plastic tote. Put all your personal items in the tote (shaving stuff, makeup, toothcare, brushes, hair spray, deodorant, and anything on the counter) in the tote, bring the tote out AM, do your thing, stash the tote in the closet or under the sink, and clean up is easy. A clutter free counter makes a room look bigger.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here