Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
rugs in bedrooms on carpet

Posted by ready2moves (My Page) on
Sun, Jul 25, 10 at 17:24

Planning on putting new beige carpet in all the bedrooms before we list. We have rugs that match the theme of the kids bedrooms. Is it wise to leave the rugs down?
Some of the rugs are larger than 8 x 10. The bedrooms are about 18x18 each.
Thank you.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: rugs in bedrooms on carpet

As a seasoned buyer every time I see a area rug over another surface I automatically wonder what the seller is trying to hide, especially when I see a rug over a rug.
If it were me I'd put the rugs away and save them for the next house.

o

I think a buyer can tell if the carpet is new, so I'd put them down to protect it.

o

As a buyer i question why an area rug is over a wall-to-wall, but usually it is just a decorative touch to compliment the decor...

o

As a buyer I would question why a rug was put in over carpeting, especially new carpeting. Are they hiding something? etc.

If you are putting in brand new carpeting there is no reason to put rugs down. You want to show off the new carpeting, not hide it. Also, rugs tend to be personal in taste and the less personal the house is the better.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here