Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Townhouse sale potentially falling apart, may have to relist

Posted by minneapolisite (My Page) on
Tue, Jul 3, 12 at 11:35

So remember the townhouse which sold so quickly it was too good to be true?

It was too good to be true. All of the offers we received were contingent on FHA financing, but it turns out that as of April 2012, our development is not FHA-approved.

The buyer really wants the house and is trying to get approved for traditional financing, but if that doesn't pan out, I guess we will have to put the house back on the market.

If we re-list the house, I think I would like to list it $5,000 higher than we originally did. We aren't in a hurry to sell. We would prefer to move out by August 15, but our new house won't be ready until Oct/Nov so we have some time to wait for a buyer if we must.

Thoughts? Comments? I-told-you-sos? :)

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Townhouse sale potentially falling apart, may have to relist

Responding to myself, in case anyone cares. :P

Our real estate agent called up all of the other potential buyers. One of them came back with a competitive offer with conventional financing. According to our math, this offer is actually several thousand dollars better than the previous offer, and it has the same close date. Crossing my fingers that this deal doesn't fall through!

o

Sounds like the problem may have resolved itself. Hope things work out for you.

o

Just waiting to hear a response to our counter offer now. :)

o

Really hoping it works for you this time. We had a deal fall thru on our last house and it is devastating!
Kathy G in MI

o

We now have a signed purchase agreement. Same close date as the original offer, $4000 more in our pockets! By July 19 everything should be finalized.

o

Nice!

o

Oh, I'm so glad it worked out for you. May the rest of the road be smooth and bump-free!

o

Isn't it great when these problems make it better...

o

Isn't it great when these problems make it better...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here