Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
_greendesigns_

Bobby Flay & Stephanie March's Kitchen with COLOR!

GreenDesigns
10 years ago

Interesting Yahoo article. And the kitchen is gorgeous! Love the cabinet color. And the BRASS pendants.

Here is a link that might be useful: Hamptons Dream House

Comments (18)

• GreenDesigns
    Original Author
    10 years ago

Oops, meant to post this in Kitchens....

• redcurls
    10 years ago

I guess it's just me....but I don't like it at all...!!!!!

• ncrealestateguy
    10 years ago

Too cold feeling for my likes...

• akrogirl
    10 years ago

Love the color! I don't find it cold at all - it is much warmer feeling than many of the all white kitchens that are so popular.

• FmrQuahog
    10 years ago

It's not just you, redcurls.
    That's an UGLY kitchen. I don't give a chip how much it cost, or where it sits on the map. It's ugly.
    Bobby Fail. lol

• nancylouise5me
    10 years ago

Gotta admit, not a fan at all of this kitchen. Nothing seems to fit with anything. The Brass lighting doesn't go with the chrome/stainless(?) in the kitchen. The stools at the counter don't go with the table and chairs on the dinning area. The old school tiles on the floor are totally out of character with the "modern" look he was trying to achieve. Not a good look at all. I would do a full gut job on this kitchen if I were to buy it. NancyLouise

• LuAnn_in_PA
    10 years ago

Well, at the very least, it is better than an all white kitchen....

• jane__ny
    10 years ago

Love it! That backsplash is beautiful. Not crazy about the bar stools, but love the rest.

Jane

• LanaRoma
    10 years ago

Love the modernist look with a slight retro feel. I'd never think that vintage brass would go with muted blue-grey tones, but here it works. This is certainly a room with a personality.

Two tables instead of one look a little strange to me, but, of course, it depends on the owners' habits and lifestyle.

• Suzi AKA DesertDance So CA Zone 9b
    10 years ago

Fan of Bobby Flay! But we live in Southern California, and our lifestyle is Outside/Inside. Just like Bobby!

I love his kitchen, and you must remember he is a commercial chef, and he likes clean neat spaces! Notice the lack of chatchkies and magnets on his fridge?

I liked the story that went along with the photos, which the poster didn't include. The lesson I learned was that he loved his wife more than his bachelor pad, and she sold, very creatively, all his stuff. She sold an oven, but along with it went 3 vases and 6 books.....

Super idea, and I'm there!!

Suzi

• violetwest
    10 years ago

I like this kitchen all right, except there's too much, and too varied seating. Those tables make it look like a restaurant.

• C Marlin
    10 years ago

Here is an excerpt of the Elle article

Here is a link that might be useful: ELLE DECOR

• c9pilot
    10 years ago

If you read the article, he did want it to look like a restaurant, so I guess he achieved that.
    I don't like the look personally either. I like the turquoise color, but not with the black. I might like it with white to give it a beach house flavor.
    But what bothers me the most is the poor layout in the kitchen. Sure, he's got all the fancy gadgets, but geez, look where the fridge is - NO DROP ZONE. It really has to suck cooking there, unless he has sous chefs to do all the running around it requires.

• User
    10 years ago

Love the color and the materials chosen. However, c9pilot is correct about the layout. This is a kitchen that depends on minions to assist, not the kitchen of someone who has to do it all himself, or with only one assistant. Too bad he didn't seek the input of a kitchen designer who was versed in home kitchen design vs. doing a restaurant. At least there's a prep sink close to the range. That helps.

• deeje
    10 years ago

Hideous. I couldn't spend five minutes in this room.

• Pipersville_Carol
    10 years ago

Love this kitchen. A perfect blend of modern and traditional.

• Zoe52
    10 years ago

Not my style at all..... but to each their own.

• Adella Bedella
    10 years ago

Not my style, but I don't cook or entertain like he does either. I like the colors he used, but would have mixed them up for a totally different look.