Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
linda117117

Go Big, or Go Home

Linda
12 years ago

I think this agent is in a race to see how many mistakes he can make in one ad. I'm floored!

BEATIFULL RAISED RANCH WITH MANY UPDATES!NEW UNILOCK WALKWAY,GLEAMIN HARDWOOD FLORS,OPEN LOR PLAN INCLUDES LARGE LIVING ROOM W/RECESSED LIGHTING LEADIN TO OVERSIZED DINNING ROOM W/SLIDING GLASS DOORS TO DECK.KICHENW/ MAPLE CABINETS,CERAMIC TILES,STAINES STILL APPLIANCES.LARGE MSTR.BDRM W/DOUBLE CLSTS & FULL BATH.LRG. FINISHED BASEMENT W/CARPET.LIGHT FIXTURES & WINDOW TREATMENTS INC. PRESENT OLL OFFERS.

I counted 12. Thats ridiculous!

Comments (15)

• calliope
    12 years ago

I really lose confidence when I see an ad like this. If a professional is so sloppy about the 'face' he presents to the public and cares so little about first impressions......then I wonder how sloppy they'll handle a very serious business transaction. My God......we most all have spell check.

• dreamgarden
    12 years ago

"My God......we most all have spell check."

And have figured out that it isn't polite to yell.

• kas4
    12 years ago

Wow--the light fixtures are included in this one? What about the doorknobs and siding??

I haven't heard of the "Staines" brand but I'm glad the appliances are still; I wouldn't want them moving around when I'm not home ;-)

• terezosa / terriks
    12 years ago

Linda, Did the listing agent have as much photographic as linguistic skill? I would love to see the entire listing.

• hayden2
    12 years ago

Linda, thanks for sharing this . . . gem.

kas4 - You gave me my laugh for the day.

• chisue
    12 years ago

Glad to know the light fixtures and window treatments decided to incorporate. Sometimes they won't even coordinate.

• ncrealestateguy
    12 years ago

I can just imagine how professional his listing presentation was.

• LoveInTheHouse
    12 years ago

I needed a good laugh.

• gmp3
    12 years ago

I saw a listing with "Wayne's Coating". I had to think for a minute to figure out what that meant.

• weedyacres
    12 years ago

Whenever I see listings like this I always look at who the realtor is and make a note that I'll never use them to sell my house.

• Linda
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Linda, Did the listing agent have as much photographic as linguistic skill? I would love to see the entire listing.

Terriks, I went back to the MLS, I was going to post the entire listing so all could see the pictures. Guess what, he didnt take any. I also noticed his commission is less than the competition. (There is a house listed 3 doors down, for 60k less with a higher commission) What that tells me is, he lowered his commission to less than customary to get the listing. The owner wasnt interested in anything but the commission. The house is over priced by about $40k, so at the end of the day, "you get what you pay for". Enuff said :)

• stanleynz
    12 years ago

Why these people don't use a spell checker?

• sweet_tea
    12 years ago

Maybe it is a discount broker and the owner is allowed to write the listing comments?

• Linda
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Maybe it is a discount broker and the owner is allowed to write the listing comments?

I wish I could say you are right on that, but unfortunately, it is not a discount broker. It is a Nationally recognized brokerage. It is the agent. It makes all of us look bad.

• terezosa / terriks
    12 years ago

Why these people don't use a spell checker?

I hate to say this, but I work in a RE office, and many agents can barely use their computers to do anything beyond email and looking on MLS. I had one ask me the other day how to make folders on her computer. So spell check? That would be a stretch!
    I enter most of the listings for the office and I do correct bad grammar, misspellings, errant apostrophes, etc. One that made it through spell check that I caught was "Carrion counters in the kitchen". I asked the agent if the counter tops were made of rotting animal carcasses or Corian. She was grateful that I fixed it for her. She was the 2nd or 3rd listing agent for the property and the previous agent had listed it with the "Carrion" counters.