Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FSBO - update

Posted by frmrsdghtr (My Page) on
Thu, Jul 26, 12 at 8:09

Thanks all for your help with my craigslist posting and finishing details on the house. We have accepted an offer and are moving on to closing. About two weeks ago we put a for sale sign up, put an ad on craigslist and had an open house a few days later. We planned to put the house on MLS after we got some feedback on the price from a few couples. The fourth couple put in an offer for the same price our realtor friend had said he would list it for, which was also a few thousand less than what we would have really liked to get for it. I'm definitely feeling some "coulda woulda shoulda". I think the day the sign went up we should have had the home on MLS for more exposure. Maybe we settled too quickly? Or maybe the first offer is the best offer? I have no idea. Hoping that the closing goes smoothly!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FSBO - update

Can I ask a question? What was the offer price and what did you want for it?
Are we talking 10,000+ or only a few thousand?
And what are you saving by not using an agent/broker?

Just trying to put things in perspective here. Occasionally, as Americans we agonize because we missed out on a Black Friday sale item but continue to buy Starbucks coffee daily or drive an SUV/truck with 17 mpg.

o

To be clear, I'm not agonizing. I think we made the right decision. Just learned a few things for next time that we'd do differently. Offer price and what we wanted for it was about $5000 difference.

o

Congratulations! You did a great job on the house. The fact that it sold so quickly proves it.

o

You did well! You took the bull by the horns and controlled it. You learned a few tips/tricks along the way for the next time vs. the difference in price was $5000! However, please take a moment to pat yourself on the back for your quick turn-around.
Hopefully, the money is insignificant in comparison to using an agent and profit from the transaction.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here