Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
If You Sold Your Home via Short Sale....How long did it take?

Posted by katclaws_mo (My Page) on
Mon, Jul 11, 11 at 0:09

I am hearing possibly 6 months or more, but I would appreciate hearing other people's experiences & time frames it took for the process to selling by short sale. I know there are tons of paperwork working with lawyers,
RE agents & Lenders, appraisers etc. that eats up so much time.

Sincerely & TIA ~~ katclaws

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: If You Sold Your Home via Short Sale....How long did it take?

Our daughter, going through a divorce, had to Short Sale her house.

It was put on the market in late February, went under contract in April or May. The mortgage holder agreed to the sale last week. Hopefully, it will close in early August.

Her realtor has lots of experience with Short Sales. Florida

o
RE:' If You Sold Your Home via Short Sale....How long did it take

I meant to add that she really didn't have much more paperwork then a standard sale.

o
RE: If You Sold Your Home via Short Sale....How long did it take?

Most of the paperwork is for the agents and the banks. Once you get under contract, I have seen it take as little as two months and as long as it never happening.

o
re: update

Well the house went under contract in early May, but we got the word on Wednesday, August 17th, that the buyers were pulling out due to "personal issues". I certainly don't blame them & am surprised they hung on as long as they did.

We kept waiting & waiting on the bank. They kept asking for more paperwork, all of which we sent to them immediately as they requested it. We often had to re-submit paperwork that they already had and/or update it because of their delays. I truly believe there's no reason that the bank wouldn't have accepted this offer, as we had a cash buyers, and a decent price, but IMO the back screwed this one up. Even the attorneys were frustrated, but I guess this is just the nature of a short sale.

Our RE listing contract ends August 31st & the bank thought we would have our answer by September 1st. I just wish we would have found out what the "golden" pricing number was to see if it would have gone thru as expected.

As they say Everything happens for a reason. We are going to try some other options, so we won't be re-listing, at least not at this time of the year. Might have to start the process over again in January if the other options don't work out. So, this one falls in the "Never happening" category.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here