Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Florida Couple forecloses on Bank of America

Posted by dreamgarden (My Page) on
Sun, Jun 5, 11 at 21:06

Thankfully, a happy ending for a couple that never even had a mortgage with this bank.

"A Florida couple turned the tables on a major bank that tried to falsely foreclose on their home -- and instead wound up foreclosing on the bank.

Warren and Maureen Nyerges' strange twist of fate occurred after Bank of America accused them of defaulting on a mortgage for their single-story, 2,700-square-foot home.

It turned out the Collier County couple had paid cash for the house and didn't have a mortgage."

A link that might be useful:
www.nypost.com/p/news/national/turnabout_is_fair_play_on_foreclose_H41SpVwsyU7MglswXR0sWL

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Florida Couple forecloses on Bank of America

Many years ago a California resident won a settlement against pac-bel.

When they failed to pay he recorded a lien.

The lien later interfered with the sale of a multi-million dollar building.

o

"The lien later interfered with the sale of a multi-million dollar building."

Do you know if the building ever sold?

When banks try to steal homes that never even belonged to them in the first place, they deserve whatever they get.

o

I read that and couldn't believe it! The bank didn't even offer them an apology for putting them through all that--just sorry for the delay paying them the judgement. I can't believe it even went that far. Why wasn't showing their deed good enough to stop the bank? Wow, all that aggravation.... they should have won a lot more money.

o

"Do you know if the building ever sold? "

After the lien was payed.

It did crate a stink in the million dollar deal though.

o

"I read that and couldn't believe it! The bank didn't even offer them an apology for putting them through all that--just sorry for the delay paying them the judgement.- Wow, all that aggravation.... they should have won a lot more money."

What else is new? TARP recipient BOA (Bend Over America) has always acted as if they are above the law.

We had a card with them years ago. We accumulated thousands of dollars worth of shopping rewards but they made them go away one day and refused to explain why.

I wish this couple would have sued them for a whole lot more.

o

I don't think "stealing" is the right word, I doubt they wanted their house.

Complete incompetence is a better phrase to describe their actions at BOA.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here