Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
believer_gw

Revised listing...what do you think?

believer
14 years ago

I passed along to our realtor the comments/feedback I received here about our real estate listing. Thankfully, our realtor accepted the constructive criticism graciously and made all of the changes suggested, including beefing up the description with more details about our house and having a professional take new photos w/ a wide-angle lens. The realtor's site still makes the photos a little blurry, but you can see the detail much better. Thought I'd show you the "new and improved" listing and say THANKS so much for your help! I am really hoping this will help get our house SOLD! Thanks!

Here is a link that might be useful: link to our house ad

Comments (8)

• xamsx
    14 years ago

A professional took those pictures!? Demand your money back. Seriously. They are too dark and the dining room and Florida room photos look to be out of focus!

• paulines
    14 years ago

Your home is gorgeous, absolutely stunning. I feel the pictures would pique a buyer's interest enough to request a showing. How long have you been on the market and are you getting alot of traffic?

• Billl
    14 years ago

10 times better than before! Great job! That does a much better job of highlighting the positives about your home. Before, I wouldn't have suspected you have such a nice kitchen and such large windows. I think you will get a much better response with this listing.

• jane__ny
    14 years ago

Beautiful! I can't believe how low your asking price is. In NY your house would be listed in the 8/9's.

Good luck,
    Jane

• bozogardener
    14 years ago

I can see xamsx's point. The pics seem really fuzzy and the web site seems really clunky and slow. The house itself looks nice in all of the fuzziness, though.

• theroselvr
    14 years ago

I see you now have 4 different photos on realtor.com, glad she listened.

I am still having issues on their web site with your photos. The page takes so long to load, then I have to click a thumbnail for the slide show to start but it doesn't load the pics, have to click each thumbnail to see it. I don't know if anyone else on a Mac using firefox is having this issue; but if I was a buyer, I would not be using her web site for anything.

It's a shame she does not have a paid account on realtor.com; especially for a house priced like yours. I don't know how the price is for your area (no one priced above you up to $450k) but for where I am in NJ, I can buy a custom new estate build.

IMO, your competition is the house on Cherokee, although your kitchen and overall house is much nicer. I just viewed Cherokee on your agents site and now remember how bad your pictures used to be because they did not redo Cherokee.

Beautiful house you have.

Realtor.com link

Here is a link that might be useful: link I used

• believer
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks for the comments. It is the listing agency's website that makes the photos fuzzy--you can see the major difference in the photos there vs. at realtor.com. It is very slow loading, too, but not anything I can do about it, unfortunately.
    Our house has been on the market about 3 mos. Believe it or not, we've only had ONE showing! To be fair, during that time, we had our driveway completely broken up and taken out and re-done, so that made it nearly impossible to show. (Unfortuately, they have to re-do the drains, so it is going to be under construction again next week.) It is frustrating, at best. Hopefully, at the end of next week the driveway will be all done and we'll be ready to go full force on showing.
    Houses ARE a great deal here. One thing you wouldn't know from the listing is that the house is located just 10 miles from downtown of our state Capitol in Charleston, WV, so there ARE actually quite a few comps within about 6 miles, you just have to put in "Charleston, WV" for the search. Those houses do feed to a slightly better school district.

We are still planning to slash our price to the bone on June 15 in hopes that we can be in contract by the end of August. Our new house has just had the framing finished on the first floor and is set to be done around the first of September. It is SO nervewracking! Thanks for taking time to comment!

• ncrealestateguy
    14 years ago

Lower the price now. If you have had only one showing in 3 months, then you need to be at the lowest point you can be right fro the start.
    Don't worry about the agents website... chances are it doesn't get many hits anyhow. Chances are, the Buyer will not come from her web site. Chances are, they will come from a buyers agent that has searched the MLS.
    Good Luck...
    Let's Go Mountaineers!