Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
louislinus

What to color to paint dining room furniture?

louislinus
9 years ago

Me again! Now I'm trying to determine what color to paint my dining room furniture. Here's what I've got in the room:

1) Walls - SW Amazing Gray, Trim is bright white, floors are medium oak hardwoods.

2) Drapes - chinoiserie tangerine and gray and white - bird scene.

3) MCM china hutch with all white china. The hutch is walnut and in excellent condition and is not going to be painted.

3) MCM buffet - This is actually a long triple dresser that I removed the mirror. It is going to be painted.

4) Table and chairs - Table and 4 matching chairs with upholstered seats are MCM walnut but in bad condition. They are going to be painted. I also have 4 other chairs that are mismatched but are "fancy" - carved detailing, etc. They also have upholstered seats.�All 8 chairs will end up with the same seat fabric and the same color paint.

What color to paint the table, chairs and buffet? Originally I was going to paint it all a dark gray, but now I'm hesitating. I would like to paint the buffet an accent color (maybe in the tangerine/coral family to go with drapes) but I'm just not sure. Would it look weird to have a walnut hutch, gray table and chairs and tangerine buffet? Too many colors? Alternately I thought about painting the buffet gold (I have a lot of gold in my living room which is navy and gold), or a brushed silver might be nice and go more with the gray furniture. I have a large mirror to hang over the buffet. It does not have a frame so it really appears silver in color. Hmm maybe silver is the answer? Halp!

I will try to upload pics.