Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
redcurls_gw

Dave still around this forum?

redcurls
12 years ago

I know people come and go, but there are a couple of "old" regulars I haven't seen lately. Dave D for one...I always enjoyed his insight. Tricia is another. Am I just dropping by at the wrong times and missing them, or have they moved on?

Is this Off Topic?

Thanks!

Comments (15)

• deegw
    12 years ago

Triciae still posts o the cooking forum occasionally. I'm not sure why she stopped posting here.

Dave's whereabouts is a mystery too.

Qdwag used to posted often and he disappeared a while ago.

I hope no one is ill.

• popeda
    12 years ago

I don't know why Dave doesn't post here any longer, but I am fairly sure this link is his. Maybe his advice is no longer free. Can't blame him.

Here is a link that might be useful: Dave Donhoff

• redcurls
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, I wasn't wanting advice. I just enjoyed reading his input and wondered about his family. It just touched me so when his infant daughter passed.....

• graywings123
    12 years ago

There may be something more going on with Dave, I'm afraid. I contacted him about utilizing him for some financial advice, uploaded tons of info to him, had a phone interview . . . and then nothing. I waited and waited and finally contacted him and he wrote back that he was having computer difficulty. That was six months ago and I never heard from him again.

Pure speculation here, but maybe there is some personal issue going on following the family tragedy he experienced.

I have seen posts from him on the Motley Fool website.

• sparksals
    12 years ago

Sorry to come into this late. There was a time long ago that a misunderstanding occurred that made it impossible for Dave to post here. I wonder if that happened again?

• marge727
    12 years ago

I haven't looked on this website for a long time. It was interesting when everyone was remodeling or building. Then somehow the posts changed and were less interesting and some got nasty and personal. I think that many of us have gone on to other forums and social networks that are more rewarding.
    Dave was always so informative and helpful. I also think these forums would have been a real success if it was easier to upload photos. Also one of the things that hurt it was the tech problems where it took forever to load. We have a T-1 and it should not have taken long.

• triciae
    12 years ago

I am here!

I've had serious health issues since July 09. Have recently been accepted at John Hopkins so praying & hoping.

Our market's awful here also. Pricing is hard 'cause like many places there haven't been sales in over a year.

Anyway, thanks for asking...I'm still around.

/tricia

• redcurls
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Good to hear from you Tricia...hope things go well for you. I used to work at a school that was a block away from Johns Hopkins. Their reputation is well deserved...I know many people they've helped.

• guvnah
    12 years ago

triciae! I can't tell you how many times I've thought about that beautiful house you were looking at & wondering whatever happened to it & you. I am sorry to hear that you've been ill & I hope that things get better.

• C Marlin
    12 years ago

Hi Tricia, we've all been missing you.

Praying all will be good.

Miss hearing about your house fun...

• sparksals2
    4 years ago
    last modified: 4 years ago

Been a long time since I've been here. So long, I had to create a new profile b/c I couldn't remember the email address I signed up under years ago. Formerlly sparksals, now sparksals2. Fun reading old posts. Came back b/c we are selling again.

• jakkom
    4 years ago

I'm NOT sure about this, but Donhoff is an unusual name - and there is a Donhoff who posts on the FIRE forums (Financial Independence/Retire Early).

• nickel_kg
    4 years ago

I'm glad you're still around, ncrealestateguy. I'm not a real estate mogul or anything but I have learned a lot from you and it's been useful when we relocated and when my daughter was purchasing her house. So thank you! and thanks also to other professionals and more experienced persons who have shared their knowledge and experience.

• ncrealestateguy
    4 years ago

Your response made my day, Nickle_kg!