Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
FSBO/agent open house

Posted by weedyacres (My Page) on
Wed, Jun 8, 11 at 12:19

If you do a flat fee MLS listing, and thus are not represented by an agent, can you still have an open house for agents? Would they come? How would one work out the logistics/communication for it?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: FSBO/agent open house

Sure you can do a broker only open house. I suggest that you serve food (agents are hungry!). ;)
You could print up flyers and distribute them to every RE office in your area. You could probably also find many agent's email addresses by looking on their company websites.

o

"If you do a flat fee MLS listing, and thus are not represented by an agent, can you still have an open house for agents? Would they come?"

I would be very surprised if they didn't.

o

When I sold our last home (successfully by owner in two months), we were flat fee-listed and I held an open house for agents. I emailed probably 200 agents in my area (and let them know I'd have refreshments!). This was in 2007, right before the housing market completely crashed. I was offering a three percent buyer's agent commission on a home priced in the high $400s.

One agent showed up. And she didn't eat anything. :-)

o
But...

I should have added to my post above that, despite the poor response to the last time I tried an agent open house, I'm going to try it again. We're flat fee-listed on our current home, planning to lower the price soon. I'll do it then. The only way to sell a home in this market is to work hard at it. Good luck.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Buying and Selling Homes Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here