Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
rachel_parker4941

How long does it take a listing to show on Realtor.com?

Rachel Parker
15 years ago

We listed our house last Thursday but it hasn't been showing up on Realtor.com or other realtor companies websites besides our realtors. A house on the next street listed with the same real estate company listed on Realtor.com and others the same day. I talked to our agent and he said it might take a few days. When I go to search our MLS number it shows a house in Indiana, MLS 2626605. What gives?

Here is a link that might be useful: Our Listing

Comments (9)

• Rachel Parker
    Original Author
    15 years ago

The agent that is covering for our agent this week (he's on vacation) said there was a technical glitch.... It should be fixed in 24-48 hours. None of the other local agencies have our listing but somehow we are still getting showings, either through a website or drivebys.

• dreamgarden
    15 years ago

"None of the other local agencies have our listing but somehow we are still getting showings, either through a website or drivebys."

Glad to hear it. Did the agent explain what the 'technical glitch' was?

• Linda
    15 years ago

It usually shows up within a few minutes, but I've seen it take as long as 24 hours. Since your listing has an MLS number, it was obviously inputted in to the system. Since all the other realtor web sites and realtor.com are fed thru your local MLS system, I would say there is nothing sinister going on. It definitely sounds like a glitch. It sounds to me like your agent is going to have to withdraw your listing and resubmit it to the MLS system so that it shows up on all the different web sites.

So if a sign goes in a yard on a Thursday, the agent would not have to put the home on the MLS until Monday

Listings are submitted to the MLS via computer. The computer dates the listing. The listing contract date and the computer date must be within the required time period. Weekends count DOM, it has nothing to do with when the paperwork gets to the MLS office.

• Rachel Parker
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Don't what the technical glitch is but it is on a couple of the local agencies websites. We are still waiting for it to appear on Realtor.com or other national websites. I am stumped but don't want to bother our agent when he on vacation. If it is not on the website by tomorrow I will call him. We had our 3rd showing today but still haven't heard any feedback. I really don't think that the agent that is covering is calling for feedback just kind of babysitting or waiting for a contract to fall in his lap. Oh well we aren't in a hurry to sell but want to get our house out there to see what people think. We have a small golf course community behind us being developed that people might be hesitant about. I don't know why though. That is the only feedback so far, the first showing on Friday. The houses in the community would be between 400-600K with condos around 300K. We will see what people think. When we bought it there was a large cornfield behind us.

• Happyladi
    15 years ago

It's there now and I think it looks very nice.

• HU-490163884
    last year

It takes longer to get your listing on Realtor. Com when your Realtor is wanting to sell your home to an investor. This will not give you the best offer. Games! Hold out for what it is worth to you. You can always call your states Board of Realtors. They are awesome!

• Pam
    last year

Please read Dreamgarden first post to you. Sounds like this is exactly what’s happening. You listed it on a Thursday. I’d bet your realtor is pulling that stunt Dreamgarden explained. Also the agent coveting for your agent saying there is a technical glitch? Sorry but I’m just cynical enough that it sounds like this unscrupulous maneuver is common with realtors in that brokerage so they know the excuses to use to buy them time.

• sushipup2
    last year

Pam, the post is 13 years old.